Forum index
Blog
Progress Report #2
Posted by
Post Scroll to bottom
thelawenforcer

dramallama
(4273 posts)

Hello again guys! Its time for the second warsow progress report of 2009.

0.5 is coming closer guys, just be patient :P

As you can expect, there is lots of bug searching and fixing going on at this stage in the development cycle, but that doesnt stop our good coders from adding features, even now!

In case you hadn't seen it in the forums already, Jalisko has made a new map loading splash screen.

http://static.warsow.net/img/blog/69/1_small.jpg

You can expect a pretty background pic to go with that aswell. Now aint that a sweet improvement over the old one.

Theres also some news on the Development Recruitment front. Everybody welcome our newest coder: Jyaan.

Hes still learning the ropes of how the qfusion engine works etc, but hes already contributing to the warsow project.

Heres an early prototype of what hes been working on :

Note this is still a WIP but its already looking very promising imo.

Ok, i hope that keeps you guys stocked up with warsow insider knowledge for a little while longer.

It wont be too long now guys!

Cya next time, Law out.

dendrofil

(1162 posts)

both things looks great, maybe the smoke should move faster, but I recon you'll work it out nicely. Thanks for the update!

halvorg

(236 posts)

don't care much for the splash screen, but the rocket effect is nice : ) gj

Pierre

(771 posts)

bigger screenshot for loading screen plz

.mate

(338 posts)

0.5? That screen says 1.0 ;P

SolidFake

(4491 posts)

mate, I guess that's the map version ;)
But wait, does this mean that mappers get more choices to put in map informations?

Grasli
(762 posts)

The splash screen looks great. We dont need the whole screen to show the pictures of the map (which may slow down the loading), we can just have it like that (grey backround) with a small mini-picture of the maps. Looks very good, keep up the good work guys! ;)

Explosion:
Only for rockets, or for GL/GB as well? Looks promising..

Grasli
(762 posts)

And another thing, the "Picked up xxx" text on the screen, why did you move it more to the right side with 0.5-T2? Looks weird imo, way better to have it in the middle of the screen, like it has always been..

thelawenforcer

dramallama
(4273 posts)

the 1.0 thing is the gametype version actually, not the warsow version :)

thelawenforcer

dramallama
(4273 posts)

the finished loading screen actually has a nice image in the background, i just didnt want to spoil u guys too much :P

Hero

Kiddy-ho!
(981 posts)

bahdom

(434 posts)

nice!
hope Jyaan comes as support for Jal and not eventual replacement =]
Gogo Jal&Jyaan [JJ \o/ ] and the rest of the team =D

WoOdY49

(794 posts)

I like that you decided to design a better loading screen, but imo the bar on the bottom looks just horrible.

thelawenforcer

dramallama
(4273 posts)

woody, its a progress bar. the lightstyles are the last thing to load, so thats the bar when its full.

jal

master of the universe
(10625 posts)

I guess I should clarify the version 1.0 thing a little and give some more spoilers on the way. As law said, the 1.0 corresponds to the gametype version, and it's a very important information because the Warsow servers have the ability to autoupdate now, so the gametype version can change at any time, and the players will be interested in knowing they are playing one version or another. The author is also the gametype author, btw.

jal

master of the universe
(10625 posts)

And yes, if anyone does a good gametype that is not buggy, and he gives permision, we will add it to the autoupdate chain so it's available at every server (which doesn't disable autoupdating).

Grasli
(762 posts)

Why not just rename "Version" to "Gametype version" and "Author" to "Gametype author" then? Would be a lot better and less confusing imo..

And btw, wouldn't it be great if the loading screen would show the server name and IP as well? Here's an example (at the TOP of the screen);
* Connecting to:
* Name of server here (and IP address in these brackets)
Ie. "Connection to:" on its own line (in the middle of the screen), then at the line BELOW server name + (IP address in brackets).
Just an idea..

jal

master of the universe
(10625 posts)

It does show the server ip and name when connecting to a server.

ougachaka

(95 posts)

Scroll to top

RSSRSSRSSRSS

Copyright © 2014 Chasseur De Bots

Warsow in social media

Warsow is an indie game developed by group of hobbyists. Please consider giving us a small donation: