Forum index
General
Warsow 0.7 BETA2 Release!
Posted by
Post Scroll to bottom
Vic

(5354 posts)

BUMP!!!!!!!! BETA 2 RELEASED!

DOWNLOAD FOR WINDOWS/LINUX (unified .tar.gz, includes binaries for both).
SDK download
Changelog

eOo.v2
(5 posts)

nice work guyz
hope 0.7 will be release soon :)
(updated 2012-06-13 01:30:14)

Noobsow
Legendary worst aim
(27 posts)

Thanks for the fixes on new version.
Nice work!

Some more fun...

* zoomfov can't be set to values lower than "2". Warsow crashes and this error is displayed:

* Imo, these messages about fonts being loaded makes no sense for players and should be hidden:

* The above picture also shows a bug with the default value of zoomfov.

Vic wrote:
Noobsow wrote:
Renderer bug or map bug?
looks like a rendering bug

couldn't reproduce this locally
It was caused by r_subdivisions which somehow was set to "0". Any value lower than "2" will bug that part of the map.

Noobsow
Legendary worst aim
(27 posts)

IMO, new versions should try to harden the live of Wallhackers and Aimbotters that are spreading as hell. Maybe they are the majority of active players. And also make it harder for those who also edit memory for cheat.

adem

Группа ВКонтакте vk.com/wsw_ru
(2102 posts)

Noobsow wrote:
IMO, new versions should try to harden the live of Wallhackers and Aimbotters that are spreading as hell. Maybe they are the majority of active players. And also make it harder for those who also edit memory for cheat.

I haven't seen any cheaters in warsow since my 1st try of this game.

Huksi`

Hat Matter
(3506 posts)

adem wrote:
Noobsow wrote:

Not even learn_more? You must be pretty blind then since he even is in these forums. :|

idontcare

(205 posts)

Noobsow wrote:

Are you really sure that it's them cheating. How long have you been playing this game? and what gametype, it can seem like some have wallhack. When they just have a good experience from the game and often know where people usually are with the help from sound.

You can download demo after the match, first write /demolist and then /demoget "insert number" and you can see if it looks as wallhack or not. Last time that I saw some aimbots were in v0.5

Instagib will have a higher chance of getting wallhackers and aimboters.

tigerchas

(948 posts)

We don't need this discussion here. Keep this focussed on beta2 stuff plz.

warnie
(40 posts)

Huksi` wrote:
adem wrote:
Noobsow wrote:

Not even learn_more? You must be pretty blind then since he even is in these forums. :|

insta,all that needs to be said. and ty for the quick reply of the question i just asked you on irc >.> thanks to vic's post i have found what i was looking for ty! :)

RasseL
(5 posts)

just found a bug... if i want to change my sound module to openal and press accept, there's still qf as the soundmodule instead of openal... :/

Vic

(5354 posts)

RasseL wrote:
just found a bug... if i want to change my sound module to openal and press accept, there's still qf as the soundmodule instead of openal... :/

if you scroll up the console log, you may actually noticed that setting s_module to could have failed..

RasseL
(5 posts)

nah wasnt.. just dont read that i have to restart my sounds :) but thanks anyway, and sorry for the mistake..

islisis

(26 posts)

- Joystick movement problem (www.warsow.net/forum/thread/t/206171#post-206171) still exists

- Interface: would be nice to have keyboard support in main menu, double click to join map

Vic

(5354 posts)

- Joystick movement problem (www.warsow.net/forum/thread/t/206171#post-206171) still exists

absolutely low prirotiy, none of the devs is interested in touching the joystick input code. feel free to submit your patches.

would be nice to have keyboard support in main menu, double click to join map

it would, but not release critical.
(updated 2012-06-13 19:59:21)

Vic

(5354 posts)

* zoomfov can't be set to values lower than "2".

wfm, but i'm going to set the lower bound for zoomfov to 3, just in case

dieteK

Master
(39 posts)

thank you devs :) very nice! from the hour that i have played of the beta i have not been able to reproduce a lot of the bugs that i had issues with in the previous beta, namely with audio

in regards to the sdk release: i had to remove the "-Wl" switches from the makefile to get it to compile with gcc 4.7; i guess the parameter has been depreciated in the newest gcc

one feature request that i would still love to see is keyboard input in the game menu (ie: switching between menu items with the arrow keys or wasd and selecting with enter like in .6 etc)

great work guys

Vic

(5354 posts)

in regards to the sdk release: i had to remove the "-Wl" switches from the makefile to get it to compile with gcc 4.7; i guess the parameter has been depreciated in the newest gcc

I think, gcc 4.7 doesn't recognize -Wl if it's not passed to the linker, or passed in an invalid manner. this:
-Wl,--as-needed
should still work fine

MikeJS

warsow royalty
(205 posts)

nm this seems to have been a one-off thing..
(updated 2012-06-14 02:54:31)

A_Pink_Name

Delicious Penguin
(105 posts)

Vic wrote:

I think, gcc 4.7 doesn't recognize -Wl if it's not passed to the linker, or passed in an invalid manner. this:
-Wl,--as-needed
should still work fine

I mentioned this in the last beta thread and looks like it never got changed. There is some line in the makefile with a redundant -Wl option. I used
sed -i source/Makefile -e 's/-Wl -O1 -Wl/-O1 -Wl/g'
in a pkgbuild. The first -Wl didnt have any options but the second was fine

Vic

(5354 posts)

yeah, the original report somehow escaped my attetnion. fixed in final now.

Scroll to top

RSSRSSRSSRSS

Copyright © 2014 Chasseur De Bots

Warsow in social media

Warsow is an indie game developed by group of hobbyists. Please consider giving us a small donation: