Forum index
News
Warsow welcomes new PR to team!
Posted by
Post Scroll to bottom
jihnsius

<3<#<3
(595 posts)

In the interest of furthering the development of Warsow, we have decided to implement a new public relations policy. From now on, all general concerns will need to be addressed to your public relations representatives, rather than the developers directly. We feel this will not only make for smoother development, but also to better help the community gain more insight into general development information.

Therefore, say hello to your two new public relations representatives, clownFart, Ouxon, and myself, jihnsius! All general feedback or input into the development of Warsow should be addressed to these two rather than the main developers. They should be able to answer and/or address most of your concerns.
(updated 2012-06-29 01:37:02)

MagusZero
Chaotician
(1862 posts)

That sounds like a good plan, actually.

clownfart

aka simon
(1103 posts)

Hi most of you know me already. If you want to contact me on IRC, my nick is usually simon, or simonlc.

adem

Группа ВКонтакте vk.com/wsw_ru
(1818 posts)

nice idea, i'm glad ClownFart is the one from THAT PR TEAM.

P.S. Shame on me, I don't know who is Ouxon...

jihnsius

<3<#<3
(595 posts)

As far as anyone is concerned, Ouxon is their worst nightmare.

hugteddy

(140 posts)

Good that you finally made this decision.

homart

Player
(715 posts)

blue post like blizard does?

VectorVanDoom
(updated Today 13:37)
(2154 posts)

rofl!
clownfart xD and ouxon xD. i mean good on you, but most concerns were addressed to the public so far. what is gonna change? what is PR gonna do?
a) filter out crizis' tempered answers
b) post dev's answers to serious questions
b1) word for word
b2) interpreted
c) politely block off unwanted criticizm (refer to a)

see what i did there, made it easy for you. just post a combination of keys that are correct, you might wanna adopt that as a forum rule to make answering simple. i am earnest.

clownfart

aka simon
(1103 posts)

It's to contain the whine. :P

VectorVanDoom
(updated Today 13:37)
(2154 posts)

thats why im asking whether serious questions will still be dealt with. maybe that didnt come out right.

jihnsius

<3<#<3
(595 posts)

Yes. All serious questions and concerns will be dealt with as efficiently as possible. All constructive criticism will also be taken into consideration. However, non-constructive criticism will not be taken into consideration. Offensive behavior or criticism will be dealt with appropriately.

Falconer

(997 posts)

Really good choice =) <3333

Ly0niki

@Ly0niki
(86 posts)

OK, but i have some doubts. This new public relations policy as you said just appears (to me) as a way to let the dev-team works and change the game without any controversy in the forum (like we did a couple of weeks). I agree that sometimes the community fills the devs with offenses, insolence and a lot of 'mi mi mi'. But you don´t need a PR to this, just assign one of the dev-team the task of passing on the progress of development, it´s not because they stopped posting, that the community will think they not be reading. I hope to be wrong about that. I imagine that the main function of the team is announcing the launch of the new version and attract new users.

So, my first doubts about the PR-team works in the growth of the game is:

- What are the strategies for the next release?

- What is the media effort for active consumers of the War§ow? (a lot of them are inactive)

- Which the public will be more targeted as potential new players? And what is the media effort for them?

Well, i had another doubts, but i will waiting for the answer for this questions and then i make new questions.

Just making it clear, I really want that to happen in the right way, but I think the focus should be completely on how to attract new players and put the War§ow in main storefronts for your target audience. The launch campaign needs to be well regulated, synchronized on multiple platforms that will be used.

No matter how good a game is (dev-team), if just a few people have access and knowledge to this game (PR-team), the number of consumers and future users (community) will be low. Think about it and good luck!
(updated 2012-07-05 07:48:04)

jihnsius

<3<#<3
(595 posts)

Unfortunately we don't have much marketing strategy for the next release past what we've been doing. As for me I'm already on the dev team. I'm just doing PR because I feel it is in the best interest of the company and the community. clownFart isn't officially a dev but may as well be. And Giroux's just there to break people's legs.

EDIT: In case I didn't make it clear, PR and marketing aren't necessarily the same thing. Our marketing department is lacking. If you have any ideas, please let us know.
(updated 2012-07-05 07:47:50)

Ly0niki

@Ly0niki
(86 posts)

I understand that marketing strategies are a little aside, but they need to be well used in the next release. Some ideas I have, if you do not mind talking on irc tomorrow, its 1:53am now here and I need sleep.

jihnsius

<3<#<3
(595 posts)

Sure, I'll be on IRC all day.

Scroll to top

RSSRSSRSSRSS

Copyright © 2014 Chasseur De Bots

Warsow in social media

Warsow is an indie game developed by group of hobbyists. Please consider giving us a small donation: