There are currently 40 players online.
 
Warsow

 
 

back1.03 (Autoupdate + SDK) released.

Forum index
Blog
1.03 (Autoupdate + SDK) released.
Posted by
Post Scroll to bottom
crizis

Mad Hatter
(4510 posts)

1.03 (Autoupdate + SDK) released.

New set of modules and media has been unleashed to autoupdate, and will arrive at servers as soon as they update themselves. warsow-esport.net servers are up to date already, with http mirror for fast update downloads.

Changelog

New stuff:
- Higher-poly health models.
- Regeneration powerup. Mappers can add this in radiant by adding 'item_regen' item.
- New map: wda5.
- More detailed wdm5.
- Server browser has sorting now. However, this needs a manual UI .pk3 update, download it here (place to basewsw).
- Meat gibs removed, cg_gibs values bigger than 1 now increase amount of pixel gibs.

Fixed stuff:
- /whois -1 crashes the server.
- Users can workaround the banlist by supplying two ip addresses in the userinfo.
- Memory leak in linear allocator.
- Negative values of Demojump break POV change.
- Mitigated problems with serverbrowser performance.

Gameplay balancing to clean up some rushy problems, most of which originated from weak ammo removal:
- RL: -100ups +50ms reload.
- RG: +5dmg per blast.
- GL: -20 splash +50ms reload.
- PG: -1dmg per cell and -200ups.
- MG: +10dps.
- Bomb has 5 less nades, from 15 to 10.

Cheers.
(updated 2013-02-09 19:27:08)

DalaiLamer

All your base are belong to us.
(465 posts)

GREAT STUFF!!

crizis wrote:

- Users can workaround the banlist by supplying two ip addresses in the userinfo, thanks to learn_more for pointing this out.


AWWW LEARN_MORE, YOU PROMISED YOU NEVER TELL...

(i knew he used this since 0.5) :)
(updated 2013-02-05 23:17:32)

SkulP

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
(503 posts)

crizis wrote:

- PG: -1dmg per cell and -200ups.


The end of an ERA.

edit: nice update btw lol
(updated 2013-02-06 02:28:21)

MagusZero
Chaotician
(1862 posts)

- Meat gibs removed, cg_gibs values bigger than 1 now increase amount of pixel gibs.


NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

Awesome otherwise.

adem

Группа ВКонтакте vk.com/wsw_ru
(2044 posts)

Thanks dev team! some nice new features ;)

p.s. i've tried to compile 1.03 on kubuntu 12.04. compiling is ok, but warsow don't want to start: ERROR: Couldn't load default font "DejaVu Sans"
Full Log. Am I the only one who has this trouble?(

crizis

Mad Hatter
(4510 posts)

You don't need new binaries, module update is enough.

edit: ah damned, you're right. Damned packaging scripts packaged broken branch, and not 1.03 one. Sorry, updated SDK coming soonish.

edit2: correct SDK up.
(updated 2013-02-06 12:53:40)

Mef!sto

Member
(727 posts)

- More detailed wdm5.


where to find?

crizis

Mad Hatter
(4510 posts)

Connect any updated server and callvote map wdm5.

Mef!sto

Member
(727 posts)

allready tried several esport.net svr - nothing happend thats why i ask

ill keep searching
(updated 2013-02-06 12:49:05)

Mef!sto

Member
(727 posts)

nvm
i found it on the pickup svr :D

adem

Группа ВКонтакте vk.com/wsw_ru
(2044 posts)

crizis wrote:

- New map: wda5.

You've forgot to make its levelshot ;)

adem

Группа ВКонтакте vk.com/wsw_ru
(2044 posts)

1.01 changes wrote:

- Bumped Lasergun damage from 6.5 to 6.75 (130 > 135dps).
- Bumped Riotgun damage from 90 to 95 per blast.

1.03 changes wrote:

- RL: -100ups +50ms reload.
- RG: +5dmg per blast.
- GL: -20 splash +50ms reload.
- PG: -1dmg per cell and -200ups.
- MG: +10dps.

to Puffdar, i don't know why you are so angry now, but let me say something.

i do agree with the current changes. Warsow became too rushy after dropping of weak ammos, and LG/MG felt weak in compare with other weapons. As i remember, you was (the loudest) one who noticed that PG is overpowered, especially after SpartaCup3. As you can see now, a lot of the changes is justified. PG is nerfed, rocket has less speed, GL is less spammy. Mb i do not understand why RG was bumped, but let it be =)

Tbh i was waiting for your (and Sparta Cups) great comeback after current changes, but your reaction disappointed me...

hugteddy

Member
(141 posts)

Nice update.

Good job.
(updated 2013-02-06 14:22:40)

medve a maci

Member
(58 posts)

"- Bomb has 5 less nades, from 15 to 10." gold

i dont think its a good idea to remove the meat gibs. they are not like in other games (skulls bones and guts all over the place), they are just funny little pork food elements. there should be an ui option with parental control: removes gibs, ***s out the swear words.
this is just my opinion, i dont really care about gibs, i dont use them during playing, but they look cool in the movies/vods.

"- MG: +10dps" maybe i wont be the only one using it anymore

m0t0

Member
(935 posts)

crizis wrote:

Gameplay balancing to clean up some rushy problems, most of which originated from weak ammo removal:
- Bomb has 5 less nades, from 15 to 10.

makes sense.

I dont think gl has never been that imba it requires less splash+more reload time and -5 ammo.the issue with bomb is the characteristics of bomb gametype itself.There is simultaneously lot of ppl at small area and players have to prevent other other team finishing their objective.I dont think you can outdamage opponent with gl but its good for being able to finish your objective(prevent enemy from planting or make somewhat safe planting.)Some people like kimza etc have claimed that its op in bomb but i disagree because the damage is not really that great.Besides hugteddy for example said that with proper communication you can avoid getting fucked by spamming because you can delay your rushes etc so in highend games (cup finals etc) this change just makes it easier for some and dont actually "balance" anything imo.

I dont expect this to matter anythign but atleast I used my right to what i think about this :)
(updated 2013-02-06 15:31:24)

Vic

Member
(5318 posts)

I'm not going to allow to turn this into another flamewar thread. If you can't say anything unoffensive, go to irc or some other place. Be it Puff, Kimza or anyone else.

tongue

tonk
(361 posts)

m0t0 wrote:
crizis wrote:

Gameplay balancing to clean up some rushy problems, most of which originated from weak ammo removal:
- Bomb has 5 less nades, from 15 to 10.

makes sense.

I dont think gl has never been that imba it requires less splash+more reload time and -5 ammo.the issue with bomb is the characteristics of bomb gametype itself.There is simultaneously lot of ppl at small area and players have to prevent other other team finishing their objective.I dont think you can outdamage opponent with gl but its good for being able to finish your objective(prevent enemy from planting or make somewhat safe planting.)Some people like kimza etc have claimed that its op in bomb but i disagree because the damage is not really that great.Besides hugteddy for example said that with proper communication you can avoid getting fucked by spamming because you can delay your rushes etc so in highend games (cup finals etc) this change just makes it easier for some and dont actually "balance" anything imo.

I dont expect this to matter anythign but atleast I used my right to what i think about this :)


OMG i completely agree with el_moto, wtf is this.

m0t0

Member
(935 posts)

accidents happen :) Hopefully this doesnt break status quo

Kimza

Developer
(442 posts)

How can you guys not think that the blast radius of GL was to high? :) sometimes I'm like 2-3 meters away from a nade with quite a decent stack of HP and still die, I get shocked every time. Nades are OP just because of how it bounces, how easy it is to place right at the feet of people, and for that fact, blast radius had to be lowered. And since bomb maps tend to have quite narrow chokepoints they do work _MORE_ than wonders.

And people also use them for more than just blocking of entryways to bombsites and afterplant spam, they use them at midrange/closecombat just because of how easy they are to hit. Flying heatseeking frisbees is what they are. How can the fact of 8-9 people per bomb pickup using it not be more than a hint of it being overpowered to you? It's quite laughable.

It's not like I wanna remove the usefulness of GL, it's more the fact that I want all weapons to be useful and used.

Thats why I for example want the RG pattern to look more like the one in Q3, as how it is now makes it more than random if your crosshair is some millimeters off target.

farmup

CTF-Priest
(670 posts)

some nice fixes there, especially the serverdemo one. a bit curious bout the new pg:p
in over 5 years of wsw i never had the impression nades are too ez to hit. i must be doing sth wrong :(


Scroll to top



RSSRSSRSSRSS

Copyright © 2014 Chasseur De Bots

Warsow in social media



Warsow is an indie game developed by group of hobbyists. Please consider giving us a small donation: