Forum index
Mapping
[Bomb]Emsummer
Posted by
Post Scroll to bottom
m0t0

(935 posts)

Ok "new" map once again.
Had inspiration yesterday to do some changes on Clownfart's summerbeta and eventually the result was so nice that here I am releasing it .
Ok so this is summerbeta remake whatever which was orignally some cs and then Clownfart made wsw version of it and now im trying to improve that.

What I did is I simplified whole map and tried to make it more intensive by moving bombsites closer together and making it more open.Also This version is about 4,8k*4,5k when old one was 6,7k*4,8k so I was able to get rid of lot of useless space and this also simplified layout alot. I think summerbeta was already quite good so therefore I didnt want to chage it too much,also focused on productivty and gameplay here which means that technical quality aint best and It did not really improve originals look

I hope you like it

and huge Credits to Clownfart who gave me map and let me do this version

screenshots:
Bird perspective:

http://files.myopera.com/Vinsk1/albums/2466981/wsw_110704_112551.jpg

From mid area

http://files.myopera.com/Vinsk1/albums/2466981/wsw_110704_112613.jpg

dl Link: http://padpork.warsow-esport.n.....er_001.pk3

Kimza

Developer
(442 posts)

Should be nice, since Summerbeta had great potential already

clownfart

aka simon
(1120 posts)

Awesome, can't wait to play it.

Koochi

(955 posts)

kimza wrote:
Should be nice, since Summerbeta had great potential already

m0t0

(935 posts)

forgot to mention that you need emtown's pk3 in order to get sky work.Probably gonna go back to wbomb1 sky in next version + add back some lights

edit:just tested and umm I think this is better than original summerbeta but also got some ideas how to improve this even futher.So Im trying continue this today and maybe we got new version already tomorrow

clownfart

aka simon
(1120 posts)

The map is too clownFart-sided.

http://planetzxy.com/images/Screenshot-2011-07-04_07.38.31.png

m0t0

(935 posts)

ok made new version.004 already :O

did some changes to mid and both bombsites.Added new ninja route to A.new alternative route from def spawn to B so that you dont have to use jp and in general I added more options for players in certain situations

and since you all love pictures so here is 2!

A Bombsite

http://files.myopera.com/Vinsk1/albums/2466981/wsw_110730_120003.jpg

B bombsite

http://files.myopera.com/Vinsk1/albums/2466981/wsw_110730_115809.jpg

oh and couldn't upload to kiki's fileservice:"file service is offline" so you have to wait for dl link

m0t0

(935 posts)

ok been thinking to make few changes so tell what do you think about these suggestions

#1 ok been done some changes to "pre window area" removed those yellow brushes there and made that whole area bit bigger so that there is more room to fight and structure is simplier now.movement change that ive made is that you have to use wall jump in order to get thru window (maybe gonna add box there but doesnt really make sense to have boxes at the roof).But my question is that should i make some sort of way here from roof to that jp area so that you could still change attacking route if it seems that off team is unable to go thru window.Im thinking something like that ninja route at b in wbomb1 size route here.

Concept pic http://files.myopera.com/Vinsk.....123846.jpg
orange means new route

#2 upper area between b and mid.Now if A defs are coming from A to b thru mid they gotta push thru that one route, so this would add more options and add some advantage for guys that have good movement skills. havent really thought about the ways up there but umm from that b windowroom there would be either ladder or no way at all and from mid to that area there would be either really loong ladders + some jumping possibilities or just those jumping possibilities for more experienced guys.

Concept pics http://files.myopera.com/Vinsk.....123815.jpg
http://files.myopera.com/Vinsk.....123803.jpg

orange square means place of the hole hole

Koochi

(955 posts)

it looks interesting.
btw, that's the new style of emsummer ?

m0t0

(935 posts)

I dont talk about style yet because its not time

m0t0

(935 posts)

Newest version is uploaded to esport servers now.

I want to thank all swedish players about this. These guys submitted constantly positive and same time usefull feedback which encouraged me to release this map.
especially im pleased to effort that kimza,tongue,gorey and overactive showed

keep up the good work!

tongue

tonk
(359 posts)

have I commented on this map? :)

m0t0

(935 posts)

you have showed exceptional attitude that has surely helped to get this map released and

Best of all I think you have really understanded that fact how every mapping project is big process which requires positive attitude from everyone and that this community best strenghts is the positive attitude towards those who try to give their best.

and so on.

Vic

(5314 posts)

what have you been smoking lately, m0t0? :D

tongue

tonk
(359 posts)

I don't know what too say to you little man, but finnish the map you've done that actually really good an playable, except for all the graphical issues and flawed box etc (which makes it look like some beta project that just went of and died). If it werent for those it would be in the top 3 of the bomb maps.

But your latest maps has all been to hallway based, and "mazy". As the saying goes, "keep it simple, stupid".

Otherwise GJ, and keep up the good work! :D you hang in there!

... callvote... etc

m0t0

(935 posts)

@Vic its just all about the approach.Oh and I don't smoke.

and yeah Tongue this is the issue what I'm talking about here.I feel that I'm not capable of finishing any of my map.for this there are few reason.

emtown currently has some shader issues that I havent been able to fix by myself and for those i asked for assistance but no one werent able to help.Nobody really didnt seem to care even.this combined with fact of demands/feedback that suggests that i should drop off all my mapping principles etc has really dropped motivation.

in this map the issue is lack of proper feedback.THis combined to the fact that most so called "feedback" is just filled with rage/flame.It is important to hear is map good/bad but theres limit in this.If you think I should be friendly to you after you throw shit like this to me i can say you're wrong.

Oh and I have lately talked how mapping is a process and Someone who has atleast a bit mapping experience can probably agree with me.Here more or less all my maps are example of this and how getting stuck on something affects to that process.How i see is that this your "went of beta and died" is more like outcome than reason for anything.

Oh and I've done some layouts and i Can tell that even earliest beta needs hours of planning and construction.So saying "just went of and died" is underestimating in my opinion.I Think ive tried to show some effort in all of my maps and most breaking part is the first test where people usually just skip whole map with 0 effort.

Crizis tried to do bomb map while ago and failed miserably and I feel sorry for him because actually his effort was decent.You can go and ask him how easy its to map for this gt where quite complex and how willing to map he is after that attempt.

Also one thing what I'm worried about lately is that mapping/mappers are dying resource in warsow.Lately amount of mapping has dropped significantly and actions againts this aren't really sufficient imo.ALso current mapper (talking about kimza) is only focusing on improving existing maps which is good but well I can see how meets limits very soon with this tactic.

For kimza i would recommend to not comment how bad everyone else's maps or part of their maps are if you want to get new maps in hand in future.Also another dangerous attitude thats pretty normal in warsow is this lack of respect for others work.Since this is mapping related post i only talk about mapping here.So in mapping this easilly visible in cases where guy gets someone elses map and about first things he does is whine how bad prevous creator brushwork was and therefore its more or less impossible to continue that project.

I think this has to stop.If you're allowed to continue someone elses work I think you should show respect to original.

thank you for your time

m0t0

(935 posts)

Oh and that post is missing my opinions about this overdemanding attitude this community has but I'll promise to write about that later

tongue

tonk
(359 posts)

I can understand that it's hard to take critism if you're not used to it. But about beeing friendly, your own bad attitude towards other players has probablu given you the extra harsh words. But well, that's out of the point. You seem to like beeing the black sheep, so.

Regarding emtown, it's GOOD because it's "easy" to defend the bombsites. The Defense has a very slight advantage position vs the attackers. Emtown barely manages to keep it this way. But that's one of the reasons I really like the basic layout of the map. And now you might ask, WHY TONGUE SHOULD IT BE EASIER FOR DEFS!?!?!?!? Well my young grasshopper, the reason is that the attackers already have 2 advantages over the defenders, they can all easily attack the same bombsite together, which probably leaves them in a 5 v 2/3 situation. And they also carry the bomb, which puts pressure on the defence to react quickly (25 seconds, or 20 seconds before they have to defuse the bomb). So if the defense does not have the positional advantage they wont stand a chance in the long run.

If you look at the maps that "work" (i.e. gets played alot and are appreciated). This is something they alla have. (wbomb1, wbomb4, emtown, downtown, wbomb2 (but it's waay to def heavy)).

But if you look at maps that don't really work, like emsummer and emfrontyard. The defs can easily be overrun, and it is abit to hard to rotate quickly (and safely) between the two sites. So the attackers have pretty much all things going for them. There's not much i like about emsummer, i think it's to much like a maze, with tight and narrow hallways and weird chokepoints. And the it's too hard to set up a decent defence anywhere on the map.
Emfrontyard on the other hand has alot of nice things going on. 1 of the bombsites (the one with all the broken shit. Is a really fun area. With lots of obstacles and funny angles etc. The flaw the map has is that feels oversized, and rotating between the sites takes a bit to long. If you dont wanna take the obvious route. And the lack of a center area where you can do early damage on the attackers.
But you are not the only one making this sort of mistakes, as you said, crizis new map suffer from the same mistake.
These layouts might work good when you play public (which basically is CA with a bomb) but not when you are a co-ordinated team, playing vs another co-ordinated team.

Well, I gotta get back to work. I keep writing these long ass novels here on the forum, and I appologies for that. But i'm gonna end with a tip.

Try too keep in mind that defence is the hardest part of Bomb & Defuse. And that the defence need as much help as it can get. So design high platforms from where they can "spam" and keep a lookout of the attackers. Make easy routes to rotate between the bombsites. And not just through the defence spawn, but other routes aswell. Dont overcomplicate the maps with too many tight corridors.
After that use your imagination and create the next emtown or wbomb1 or whatever. And remember that as with all things where you create stuff, it's the small details and strive for perfection that makes something good. Not just accepting it as "good enough".

And I'll also add this, i've said pretty much all this too you earlier. I dunno if you've listened or not. If you dont belive me, analyze the maps that are beeing played the most today. And I think you will come to pretty much the same conclutions.

Well keep up the good work, and try to hang in there (and I'm not beeing sarcastic this time). And toughen up. Some of your work has actually been well recieved. Now prove to me/us that it wasn't a one hit wonder.

Scroll to top

RSSRSSRSSRSS

Copyright © 2014 Chasseur De Bots

Warsow in social media

Warsow is an indie game developed by group of hobbyists. Please consider giving us a small donation: