[Bomb]Emsummer
Posted by
Vic

(5318 posts)

m0t0, if you need help with shaders, I can deliver some

Huksi`

Hat Matter
(3454 posts)

Is there a shader manual that has been edited to fir WARSOW mapping? I would like to have shaders that don't look like they've been made before 1999 :D

Vic

(5318 posts)

Huksi` wrote:
Is there a shader manual that has been edited to fir WARSOW mapping? I would like to have shaders that don't look like they've been made before 1999 :D

SURPRISE

Huksi`

Hat Matter
(3454 posts)

I saw a q2 manual, but wasn't able to get past 1999-Quality :)

m0t0

(935 posts)

well I guess its too late now when i asked for help year ago:
http://www.warsow.net/forum/thread/13477/1

Actually I'm not really 100% sure which causes this.All I know its pretty common since some offical maps are also suffering from this one.
(updated 2012-01-23 21:16:37)

Vic

(5318 posts)

I didn't actually respond to that question that time probably because I had no answer :D I'm a rendering type of guy, I have pretty much next to zero knowledge about radiant stuff. Neither of those pics have survived either.

clownfart

aka simon
(1120 posts)

Nice to see that this is still being worked on.

I believe the map plays pretty well, though I think that b site could be improved a little. I feel as though the gameplay of it is flat, and certain areas of the bomb site add nothing. Originally it was taken straight from a cs map, though I think it would do some good to change that up. The routes you changed from my version are great, I really like them.

Edit just ran through it, B looks pretty aweseom, pickup time.
(updated 2012-01-23 23:45:38)

tongue

tonk
(361 posts)

Ok, so now i've played the new version of your emsummer. And it's a lot better, I said this too you in warsow, but you ignored as per usual.

B bombsite is abit to easily overrun, but it's doable since its now easy to rotate different routes between the bombsites quickly.

I really like the use of that rooftop on A, though i never quite figured out how YOU got up there, its a really nice addition.

Only thing that bugs me is the use of a jumppad just off spawn as attacker. Seems like it could be done with some thing else.

And, all the things i put in my essea has pretty much been covered in this release. (I know it's not because of me, but it's nice to see you've finally thought of it).

EDIT: Typo, thanks clownfart
(updated 2012-01-24 00:23:40)

m0t0

(935 posts)

double post
(updated 2012-01-24 00:44:55)

m0t0

(935 posts)

@Clown:
Yeah thats more than true.I think I totally agree with you here and this is something that's gonna change.According to 2 games that I've played Defensive team have won about 70-90% of the rounds so I think right now its too defensive map.Thefore something should be done to make attacking easier.

@tongue:

Yeah well got some feedback about that jp in the middle.I think somethign like ladder etc could work better there.Current reason why there is jumppad there is that it blocks defense way from B->A pretty well.This is what ive really like about it but now that ive thinked other possibilities I think that this can be changed.

Also right now I'm going thru the possibilities of totally redoing B-bombsite and totally redoing that way from Off-spawn to A(not the middle one).More about these when I got something real to show about.

thanks for the feedback.Its appreciated.This also goes to slowi who gave it in-game.
(updated 2012-01-24 00:44:34)

m0t0

(935 posts)

Did this today so tell me does it look better/worse?

This should be as fast to run thru even though the route looks alot shorter.This should prevent defense rushes inside chokepoint.

Altho easiest way to try this would be to test this but I have some doubts about it so would like to hear some opinions before release.

(updated 2012-01-24 21:01:55)

VectorVanDoom
(updated Today 13:37)
(2186 posts)

this part of the map makes it somewhat messy. action is rarely taking place there, only in the end of rounds or when def rushes, which isnt adding much to the playabillity imho.

m0t0

(935 posts)

tongue wrote:

(first page post by tongue)

Sorry that response to this comes abit late but I totally missed this post somehow :/.
Dont think this as complete in anyway.

Ofc I cant tell how much everone else has analyzed different maps but I think I'm in top3 or in top2 of all time in this habit.I've made few own maps and at the same time I have helped few others to build bomb maps+I used to do very deep analyses about all wsw maps.

But difficulty in mapping is the comes from 3 different subjects:understanding 3d space,understanding gameplay and knowledge about measurements and tools.So basicly Billion ways how to ruin perfect map.This makes mapping also so limited and filled with rules.for example each gametype have more or less one perfect scale.

Also each map should be at the same time unique and product of its gametype.Lot of ppl has feeling what either ctf/bomb/duel should be like and if you broke this you probably failure in mapping.Same time why make wbomb1 but worse.So therefore new map should have some unique characteristics/features

This also means that probability to go wrong is higher than hitting jackpot.If you actually look at the other mappers than just me and how often they have succeeded and how often failed, you will notice that most have just few maps that have succeeded.Some have none.36 was probably one of the best mappers this game had ever and his influence in mapping will stay strong.Still I bet even he had lots of failures that he didnt ever release.

So why my maps have failed lately:
1.Ive simply tried to make unique maps and tried to break rules here.
2. Making new maps is actually hard.If you dont believe me open radiant and try yourself.
3.all of these maps are wip
4.Demands are higher now.(Wbomb1 is Standard now so in order to make good/awsome map you need to archieve quality that is close to this)

Also that post of yours didn't really teach me anything even though must admit that it was pretty good one.Struckture is nice+well outlined. Maybe someone will learn something from it.
(updated 2012-01-24 22:23:24)

m0t0

(935 posts)

At B bombsite one issue that I can think of is probably the fact that off can take upper areas into their controll too easilly.Not really sure that how can I fix this in reasonable way.

So if you have any ideas about this,I would like to hear them
(updated 2012-01-26 16:56:27)

clownfart

aka simon
(1120 posts)

It looks pretty good, though that one staircase is way too long. Imo staircases higher than 128 units are shit.
(updated 2012-01-27 06:32:56)

hugteddy

(141 posts)

Like the roof change. And here u got some ides.

Just make the routes to A simply, no jumpad, no mega stairs etc no small corridors. 2 routes so u dont get blocked whole way to A by tounge :D.

Red: down route.
Blue: upper route balkony or smth, so the place gets more open, just like a area. Green: just opening to a.

Purple: Remove jumpad, or make me able to do a trick jump up to mid.

And this allways bother me when Im def. Its kind a senseless corridor. Just make it a room. The less scorridors there is on a map the better it is imo.

Well this is just some idés, since u wanted to hear some opinions :) I can be totaly wrong to.

m0t0

(935 posts)

that jumppad is already changed to ladder.maybe another movment possibility could be great there.Never really even thought about this before.Thx

what comes to the other changes in same pic, I have to say that I dont really like those.I think its too simple.+this is more crucial is that long hallways like that dont really bring anything into gameplay.

Simplicity is important maps but this would even more or less break all chokepoints.

about that other pic I admit that area is bit problematic in few different ways.
Ill answer to this later when i have some real ideas to show.

Huksi`

Hat Matter
(3454 posts)

hugteddy wrote:
Like the roof change. And here u got some ides.

http://img835.imageshack.us/img835/6260/id1a.png

Just make the routes to A simply, no jumpad, no mega stairs etc no small corridors. 2 routes so u dont get blocked whole way to A by tounge :D.

Red: down route.
Blue: upper route balkony or smth, so the place gets more open, just like a area. Green: just opening to a.

Purple: Remove jumpad, or make me able to do a trick jump up to mid.

http://img13.imageshack.us/img13/1544/test2awp.jpg

And this allways bother me when Im def. Its kind a senseless corridor. Just make it a room. The less scorridors there is on a map the better it is imo.

Well this is just some idés, since u wanted to hear some opinions :) I can be totaly wrong to.

The Red idea looks good to me
(updated 2012-01-28 09:11:08)

m0t0

(935 posts)

new version released.

el_moto: #1 http://files.myopera.com/Vinsk1/albums/2466981/wsw_120127_214858.jpg
[21:53] el_moto: ill raised that off mid area abit as you can see
[21:53] el_moto: removed boxes
[21:53] el_moto: and changed that roof
[21:54] el_moto: added ladder
[21:54] el_moto: http://files.myopera.com/Vinsk1/albums/2466981/wsw_120127_215041.jpg
[21:54] el_moto: #2
[21:54] el_moto: removed 3 boxes
[21:54] el_moto: upper areas are now isolated
[21:55] el_moto: moved that 3box setup to middle
[21:55] el_moto: added upper plant possibility
[21:55] el_moto: #3
[21:55] el_moto: http://files.myopera.com/Vinsk1/albums/2466981/wsw_120127_215055.jpg
[21:56] el_moto: this is completely new
[21:56] el_moto: oh and one more
[21:58] el_moto: #4
[21:58] el_moto: http://files.myopera.com/Vinsk1/albums/2466981/wsw_120127_215711.jpg
[21:59] el_moto: removed that chokepoint between defspawn and b

+ added new offspawn room
(updated 2012-01-28 15:40:31)

m0t0

(935 posts)

Scroll to top

RSSRSSRSSRSS

Copyright © 2014 Chasseur De Bots

Warsow in social media

Warsow is an indie game developed by group of hobbyists. Please consider giving us a small donation: