Community Blogs
KYA CTF- Cup // 2nd december
Posted by
Post Scroll to bottom
Pikku

(609 posts)

Ppl may vote timer 0, idc.
In doubt, it'll be played with timers!

For ppl like puffy it might be fun, for ppl like me it isnt.
Im glad i dont need to experience offs just rush into base and go out agin in the same second.
Additionaly, imo the less experienced/good players like me are def in most of the times.
Making it harder for them, so that the more experienced can rage a bit harder is not sensefull i think.
<crizis> Play a round without dem timers and you'll be glad we implemented them ;)

Farm as you highlight all the time, you wont play anyway, so pls dears, communicate in irc and rand, make your own cup and you're open to make polls on every crap you want.
This thread is about the cup.
(updated 2012-11-28 16:02:47)

farmup

CTF-Priest
(684 posts)

i didn't highlight all the time that i'm not going to play it, u must be paranoid. and how bout ppl let me play when the fuck i want and stop arguing with that? thx:D
(updated 2012-11-28 16:46:20)

Pikku

(609 posts)

Pls, play or dont play. simple

Same
(34 posts)

Also I dont see why someone cant have an opinion about gameissues while not playing...
Him not playing doesnt make his points invalid.

Also : is there a cool ctf warsow guide with the positions and all that ? I would love to sign up a mixed team but id also love to know what im doing (compared to bombcup :O )

edit : just saw in wiki the ctf page, so this will helpt quite a bit i guess :)
(updated 2012-11-29 15:09:46)

Pikku

(609 posts)

Same wrote:
Also I dont see why someone cant have an opinion about gameissues while not playing...

Also : is there a cool ctf warsow guide with the positions and all that ? I would love to sign up a mixed team but id also love to know what im doing (compared to bombcup :O )

I dont said his points are invalid i a way ;)

This might interest you, some german CTF guides..
http://wsw-arena.de/index.php?page=Thread&postID=79895#post79895

whu or rather not, there must be some nice tuts around wsw.net aswell, rather stick to them.
(updated 2012-11-29 15:44:36)

m0t0

(942 posts)

Same wrote:

but demanding something while not playing is stupid.

and I just want to say that usually with this current system its like how puff says that games become sterile when skill increases and I think its stupid that just one mistake can affect to outcome so much.like in worst case if game is 0-0 and one does one mistake wich leads to defeat.

currently the situations that require teamplay are the scoring situations where one team has to def with 4 guys and other has to attack with all and powerups situations.therefore in order to add more teamplay instead of 2on2 i think puff's idea has so good benefits atleast.

and umm this weekend I dont think I have time to play so sorry about that.

Huksi`

Hat Matter
(3502 posts)

m0t0 wrote:
Same wrote:

but demanding something while not playing is stupid.

and I just want to say that usually with this current system its like how puff says that games become sterile when skill increases and I think its stupid that just one mistake can affect to outcome so much.like in worst case if game is 0-0 and one does one mistake wich leads to defeat.

currently the situations that require teamplay are the scoring situations where one team has to def with 4 guys and other has to attack with all and powerups situations.therefore in order to add more teamplay instead of 2on2 i think puff's idea has so good benefits atleast.

and umm this weekend I dont think I have time to play so sorry about that.

Oh, you better believe removing timer doesn't make teamplay more necessary. Quite the contrary: it will bring more solo caps, making all the other 3 players unimportant. And people will just rush the flag without even caring about defs. There's a reason the timer was added.

But during CTFtest we tried many options and everyone seemed to prefer (or atleast have nothing against) shorter flagtimer. We used 1.0 and 1.5 second flagtimer.
And I also think a short spawn delay, like 1 or 1.5 seconds(which is nothing) makes the gameplay a lot better.
(updated 2012-12-01 19:24:58)

KeRpaL

(823 posts)

Pikku

(609 posts)

no cup today ppl!

Thx anyway Solomonk for promoting ingame.

No thx to ppl opening a nonsens discussion about notimers(=>puffdar.)

Have a nice day!
(updated 2012-12-02 14:10:56)

FragStealer

(158 posts)

dxoAKAdaxio wrote:

Lool L!N wasn't sign up because of puffdar don't you dare try to promote ...

Pikku

(609 posts)

for the ppl who still wanna have some nice ctf time today, there is a replacing cup

#ctfcup
(timers 1)
glhf!
(updated 2012-12-02 14:18:32)

medve a maci

(60 posts)

its kind of obvious that the ctf community is not that big...i would like to recommend a showmatch with the best 8 players. advertise the gamemod a bit at esr and some sites. show the internet what is ctf like in wsw.

Scroll to top

RSSRSSRSSRSS

Copyright © 2014 Chasseur De Bots

Warsow in social media

Warsow is an indie game developed by group of hobbyists. Please consider giving us a small donation: