Forum index
General
Help needed for big PR plan
Posted by
Post Scroll to bottom
SoLomonK

Founder
(2945 posts)

Hello warsowians from all over the planet !

As already said elsewhere, here is my bet for the near future :
in keeping on to feed polemics and prejudices against FPS games, Videogame industry, through military shooters for casual gamers, is working hard for our cause.

Soon will come the day when game creators will finally be asked to face their responsabilities. This will be time for mass media to learn about Warsow. And we have to prepare ourselves to it.

So, basically, this big PR plan is about to shape something like this :
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=512EEgi3APQ

With this material :
https://docs.google.com/present/edit?id=0AQkox5Kui5yQZGZ4amI0bjJfMzc4Yzk4NGNoY3c
(needs to be updated)

The goal is to build a clean, classy, punchy, localized, Warsow manifesto. And to spread it all around the world.

Several warsowians already accepted to help. Ubiquitous Dirigibles, BRUNS, Adem. We're looking for someone who could handle the japanese, the spanish and the german version.
But we also need skilled people in media and communication, like powerpoint gurus, etc. =)

Thanks for your attention, thanks in advance for your help. Any feedback, ideas, proposals, questions are welcome. Feel free to contact me by mail : solomonk@warsow.net

HF!

VectorVanDoom
(updated Today 13:37)
(2173 posts)

how about translsting the story chasseur de bots [edit: not boys] to english, and whatnot for PR? there are good online platforms for such.
or a new promovideo. Froop, where are you?
(updated 2012-12-10 18:37:50)

SoLomonK

Founder
(2945 posts)

VectorVanDoom wrote:
how about translsting the story chasseur de bots to english, and whatnot for PR? there are good online platforms for such.

The crossover between the novel and the rl game was a great concept. And there's some very cool ideas and action in the novel. But the description of the game is too much outdated, compared to the real wsw. So it would need a whole rewriting.
(updated 2012-12-09 20:46:10)

adem

Группа ВКонтакте vk.com/wsw_ru
(1976 posts)

SoLomonK wrote:
VectorVanDoom wrote:
how about translsting the story chasseur de bots to english, and whatnot for PR? there are good online platforms for such.

But the description of the game is too much outdated, compared to the real wsw. So it would need a whole rewriting.

rewriting.. How about new Warsow story based on that novel and translated to different languages? It can be written not only by you, but by the whole community and released under the copyright of 'Chasseur De Bots'. Just imagine where different chapters by different people are connected into one big book..

It also could be a monumental base for Warsow Single Player..

WTFProoF
The defender of Warsow
(620 posts)

If I get a good English version I would be able to translate it into German.

adem

Группа ВКонтакте vk.com/wsw_ru
(1976 posts)

WTFProoF wrote:
If I get a good English version I would be able to translate it into German.

i've found this
(updated 2012-12-09 21:31:10)

UrLossMyGain

AFF Level 4 ✓
(437 posts)

I love the idea of a sequel or spiritual successor to Chasseur De Bots, I'd be glad to contribute a chapter as well if it's a community thing!

Takezo
(47 posts)

Id be more than willing to help with Japanese translations, or at least be a bridge between some of the really hardcore Japanese players that could help.

Also, with all of the technical prowess of the warsow modding community, maybe make short 5 min promo videos about either story or gameplay aspects of the game?

Appleseed

warsow.fr
(48 posts)

If you want to translate Chasseur De Bots' novel into english, you could pretty much find interested people in the ever-growing (:D) french warsow community, imo. I'd be pretty much interested into translate and re-write it, for exemple, and I'm sure I'm not the only one willing to give a hand :D
(updated 2012-12-10 09:15:03)

islisis

(25 posts)

I can help with Japanese materials as well.

SoLomonK

Founder
(2945 posts)

Thanks a lot, WTFProof, Takezo and Islisis !

About the german version, it may also be good to have Pikku with us on this. Beep Pikku, you around ? :p
Germany is a major target because this country is more responsible than other countries in Europe as regards violent content in videogames.

As this manifesto is mainly a reminder of obvious, well known, simple, universal, perpetual facts, consensus, rules, etc. We don't need to turn it into a wall of text.

But do you think it's possible to gather both esport manifesto material and warsow facts into a 5 minutes video ?

Pikku

(609 posts)

Got Turtle Entertainment (Esl.tv/ ESL.eu / Former Giga Television) next to my school, so i would offer to drop some stuff in their Letterbox personally.

Make it punchy as hell folks!

SoLomonK

Founder
(2945 posts)

Appleseed wrote:
If you want to translate Chasseur De Bots' novel into english, you could pretty much find interested people in the ever-growing (:D) french warsow community, imo. I'd be pretty much interested into translate and re-write it, for exemple, and I'm sure I'm not the only one willing to give a hand :D

Soz but rewriting the novel is off topic, mate =)

miDGet

(314 posts)

i would definitely be willing to ProoFread (see what i did there ?) the german version once it is translated!

but thats all i can offer :)
(updated 2012-12-10 14:33:49)

walk

<3CTC
(13 posts)

SoLomonK wrote:
Appleseed wrote:

Soz but rewriting the novel is off topic, mate =)

BTW, can't access the CDB website. Has it been disabled ? Otherwise I'd be happy to give a hand too (I mean to translate things). Language is definitely a barrier between us and potential players, as several debates on localization have pointed out already. Translating some basic stuff like official tutorials, or an enhanced/clean version of the game's roots and manifesto, would most certainly help reaching them people lost in the limbs of casual violence and needing help ;) t'would also fit in the game's underlying non-discrimination concern as regards age, social positioning and soft/hard-ware for instance.

Back to the topic, I mean it's great to spread the word in different languages and countries. But that's only one step beyond which people that have been hooked will need some more information which has not been translated yet. Many may come thinking the subbed trailer was cool, and then give up cause they won't understand how-to. Promotion also requires a long-term vision : not only the quick benefits of a trailer, but also those of an efficient communication beyond that point. In short : step #1 will attract new players, but you'll need #2 if you want to keep them in.

Many thanks to you, SLK, for this interesting material. Helps a lot understanding what games are about. It's kinda weird how it also seems to explain my unconscious feelings regarding the project, those things that kept me hooked without I really knowing why. I also really enjoyed the "behind the scenes" part of it, the growth from abstract thoughts on games and martial arts, through school activities ("club info", nice pics of its educational roots), towards the big international and multi-faceted thing it has become. Such an epic journey clearly deserves some interest and recognition.

MagusZero
Chaotician
(1862 posts)

That's odd, I know I retranslated the first section fairly well at some point. Wonder where that went.

If people are thinking of rewriting it, please talk to me; I've been dreaming about singleplayer for years, and come up with fragments of the story, but it's always seemed like noone else really cared, so I lost motivation.

Writing is something I'm fairly good at though, if needed.

VectorVanDoom
(updated Today 13:37)
(2173 posts)

seems my suggestion resonates well :)
(updated 2012-12-10 18:37:15)

Ubiquitous Dirigibles

(9 posts)

A single player mode? Sounds fun. =)

What about a multiplayer story mode?
(updated 2012-12-11 09:05:34)

crizis

Mad Hatter
(4487 posts)

As this single player thing is popping in again, just to make sure gonna say this again.

We have no plans to develop single player mode. Ever.

If it would ever happen, it would be done by other people than the current dev team.

Takezo
(47 posts)

I'm on week 3 of Warsow, I love it, but as a new player I suppose I can point out where I've had the most problems when actually trying to get into the game.

I downloaded Warsow 5 months ago when I first heard it was a competent alternative to Quake live with more complex movement controls. I jumped on, made my own custom game, and got totally owned by the bots. I checked the forums and saw pages of text describing trick moves and rocket jumps and basically said "fuck this."

I only came back after watching a few cpma videos and thinking the movement controls looked cool, but couldn't find much CPMA stuff in Japan. I only stuck with Warsow after learning there were a decent amount of people in my region that played, and low ping is a must for games like this.

Even then, if it wasn't for Pink's youtube tutorial, I would have quit. Because despite the Mote videos, it feels like there's just too much to learn before you can even be competent at a game like Warsow. The Pink tutorial does a quick job of teaching you the basics without making you feel like you're studying for an exam, as well as giving you an instant goal progression to keep you learning.

I'm super grateful there's a game like this to play in the first place. But it would have been way easier to crack open even if there was an embedded video player that would pop up on Pink's tutorial map and practice along with, or a practice mode where cg_strafehud 1, buttonpress (or whatever its called) and speedmeter were automatically enabled, instead of me spending the hour trying to DL the racesow mod before learning the UI was out of date, and that I could just grab it off a race server anyway. Even setting up everything to just practice took a few hours of reading and searching.

If not a single player, then even just a training mode that could incorporate some of the things I mentioned above would be incredible.
You can't do everything as a 2 man dev team, obviously. I'm not bitching its a great game, it just takes a resounding amount of will power to actually get into.

I'd also kill for another tutorial from pink on things like trick jumping and such.

Scroll to top

RSSRSSRSSRSS

Copyright © 2014 Chasseur De Bots

Warsow in social media

Warsow is an indie game developed by group of hobbyists. Please consider giving us a small donation: