backDevelopment updates

Forum index
Blog
Development updates
Posted by
Post Scroll to bottom
Vic

(5306 posts)

I'd like to highlight a few things that happened in the dev land as of lately. First of all we released the source code to our matchmaker service "Warmama" under GNU GPL. As you might know, contrary to what the name says, the service only aggregates statistics and doesn't provide any match making at all. As this seems to be quite a popular feature request this is your perfect chance to contribute something of real value to the game.

And another thing is that the engine got a builtin HTTP server to serve file downloads and "ajax" requests from clients. The later I'm planning to use for the callvotes menu. There's no proper framework for that kind of stuff yet and the callvotes system needs overhauling to support queries for possible input values so the progress on this feature is somewhat slower than anticipated. But eventually it will come together so stay tuned for more updates!
(updated 2013-07-08 15:13:15)

adem

Группа ВКонтакте vk.com/wsw_ru
(1977 posts)

some great news =) gj Vic and team

btw, are you open for suggestions for callvotes?

Vic

(5306 posts)

Post your suggestions here, adem

VectorVanDoom
(updated Today 13:37)
(2173 posts)

how should the matchmaking work?

whats the traditional approach, one instance running on warsow.net suggests games like quakelive, based on preference, statistics and available servers? i wonder how it's done in starcraft.
since warsow doesnt have critical mass, lets face it, that approach might not take off. i.e. for ca you only have one active server, anyway. for duel it might make more sense. still, you might end up joining empty servers waiting for a match.

adem

Группа ВКонтакте vk.com/wsw_ru
(1977 posts)

sorry for late feedback, but here are the suggestions for callvote system:

1) DUEL: only players in the "challengers queue" can vote. This feature can prevent long time of waiting while spectators make their vote.
2) voting menu for maps, example from xonotic.
3) it would be nice to have a shorter alias for console "callvote" cmd, like "cv" or "cvote"
4) vote progress in the HUD, example from promode
5) as an addition to the previous - levelshot preview near "vote map <xxx>"
6) "callvote pause/unpause", which pauses current game without time countdown, and it keeps current score even if one of the players get disconnected/dropped due to inactivity. Can be useful during competitive matches.

VectorVanDoom
(updated Today 13:37)
(2173 posts)

adem wrote:

3) it would be nice to have a shorter alias for console "callvote" cmd, like "cv" or "cvote"

autoexec.cfg is your friend. OTOH vote is already there and is free to be remapped, while no vote is in progress.

6) "callvote pause/unpause", which pauses current game without time countdown, and it keeps current score even if one of the players get disconnected/dropped due to inactivity. Can be useful during competitive matches.

i'd call it freeze :) but it's not a change to the system, it's a feature request in disguise -.-

SolidFake

(4502 posts)

there should be a feature that when someone is alone on a duel server or searching for a duel match, an automated message is sent to the irc wasuwo channel, like "player xyz is searching for a duel match, click *here* to join!"

I don't know if this suggestion is even fitting here.
(updated 2013-08-21 23:36:12)

Overactive

(254 posts)

SolidFake wrote:
there should be a feature that when someone is alone on a duel server or searching for a duel match, an automated message is sent to the irc wasuwo channel, like "player xyz is searching for a duel match, click *here* to join!"

I don't know if this suggestion is even fitting here.

Make an ircbot and we can revive #warsow.duel for the 23432523 time.

Scroll to top

RSSRSSRSSRSS

Copyright © 2014 Chasseur De Bots

Warsow in social media

Warsow is an indie game developed by group of hobbyists. Please consider giving us a small donation: