News
Warsow 1.1 *beta* released!
Posted by
Post Scroll to bottom
crizis

Mad Hatter
(4545 posts)

Hello hello Warsow community!

Version 1.1 BETA introduces several improvements to the engine, renderer, gameplay, UI and maps, while also bringing additional features for map makers and SDK crafters. Complete details of the update can be read from the changelog below.

For gameplay, the biggest change is the lack of a spiral pattern with the riotgun, otherwise weapons remain unchanged. Knockback code has been rewritten for smoother knockbacks instead of linear kicks which hopefully fixes annoyances with projectiles. New movement physics are also much closer to old movement, so the difference between old and new movement is now much smaller.

As always, all bug reports and comments are greatly appreciated.

Happy fragging!

DOWNLOAD 1.1 BETA:

Unified package, tar.gz (Windows + Linux)
Unified package, zip (Windows + Linux)
SDK
(updated 2014-05-02 14:27:56)

Neohering

(6 posts)

nice one :) i play now the last 1.0 PU :(

slowi

the guy with very low sens
(1294 posts)

first bug: crash when clicking "input" in options

adem

Группа ВКонтакте vk.com/wsw_ru
(2081 posts)

crizis wrote:
New movement physics are also much closer to old movement, so the difference between old and new movement is now much smaller., otherwise weapons remain untouched. Knockback code has been rewritten for smoother knockbacks instead of linear kicks which hopefully fixes annoyances with projectiles. New movement physics are also much closer to old movement, so the difference between old and new movement is now much smaller.

ok, now i get it!

Also RJ height is smaller now, some RJs on wdm2 feels imposubru now. I expect a lot cry from CAers.
(updated 2014-02-08 19:26:58)

milkflow

Web designer guy
(114 posts)

slowi wrote:

Thanks for the report slowi. Ze devs are aware of the issue and it'll be fixed for the actual 1.1 release.

This bug apparently does not occur when using a translated / localized language set.

Russian, Japanese, French, Polish, Chinese, Dutch, Spanish, Hungarian, German, Italian and Finnish localizations are available as of now. They can be activated with "lang xx" combined with "vid_restart" (where xx is the abbreviation for the language, for example "lang fi").

Vic

(5335 posts)

Or, if you're actually using a localized OS, the language will be autodetected by the game at the first startup.

Vic

(5335 posts)

slowi wrote:

The fix is already available as an autoupdate. Just connect to one of crizis's servers.

adem

(2081 posts)

Vic wrote:
Or, if you're actually using a localized OS, the language will be autodetected by the game at the first startup.

ye. it worked nicely on my win7.

Crizis, afaik hitsounds were fixed too, but i can't find it in the changelog. not worth to mention? :/

and i've forgot:

T H A N K Y O U D E V T E A M ! ! !
(updated 2014-02-08 19:47:16)

adem

(2081 posts)

"CTRL+MWHEEL up/down increases/decreases console font size."

Keep ctrl+mwheel up and when you hit the limit Warsow will reset font size with the message:

but when you try to decrease font size, it sets it to the max and then goes back to normal.

adem

(2081 posts)

also, if you want to set Japanese language, you need: "lang ja". isn't it better to use "jp"? (list of ISO in wiki)
(updated 2014-02-08 20:05:00)

crizis

Mad Hatter
(4545 posts)

Crizis, afaik hitsounds were fixed too, but i can't find it in the changelog. not worth to mention? :/

+ Bugfix: resampled Ogg/Vorbis sounds had the looping position set to wrong value.

Vic

(5335 posts)

adem wrote:
also, if you want to set Japanese language, you need: "lang ja". isn't it better to use "jp"? (list of ISO in wiki)

no it's actually ja, not jp

Ye, forgot to mention this in the changelog, sorry :(

crizis

Mad Hatter
(4545 posts)

Bug: GLSL 0 is still in the low profile config.

voyager

(37 posts)

Extended OST

Where can i find it?
(updated 2014-02-08 20:42:26)

adem

(2081 posts)

voyager wrote:

Extended OST

Where can i find it?

Download page -> Warsow Extended Official Soundtrack

.htaccess
(26 posts)

I found a Bug too on the German translation...

if you go on Game where you get the Servers listed it says left of Instagib on german "Neue Waffen" this means New Weapons... is translated uncorrect it must be "Reguläre Spiele" or "Server" or something like that.

Just wanted to tell

adem

(2081 posts)

1) Visual glitch at stairs on wdm5:

same places on 1.03:

2) cg_shadows 2/3 don't work on item's shadows anymore (weapons, armors, ammos)

3) r_bloom 1 doesn't work anymore (still in config)

p.s. also, devs, if you want you can use my custom zoom, it was made from the scratch, i have source file if needed.

Vic

(5335 posts)

.htaccess wrote:
I found a Bug too on the German translation...

if you go on Game where you get the Servers listed it says left of Instagib on german "Neue Waffen" this means New Weapons... is translated uncorrect it must be "Reguläre Spiele" or "Server" or something like that.

Just wanted to tell

it says "Normale Waffen", not "Neue Waffen"

Vic

(5335 posts)

2) cg_shadows 2/3 don't work on item's shadows anymore (weapons, armors, ammos)

3) r_bloom 1 doesn't work anymore (still in config)

did you actually read the changelog?

Scroll to top

RSSRSSRSSRSS

Copyright © 2014 Chasseur De Bots

Warsow in social media

Warsow is an indie game developed by group of hobbyists. Please consider giving us a small donation: