Vic

(5351 posts)

Changelog from 1.3:

- Fixed internet ogg streams
- Fixed server crasher in reporting match results to the MM
- Fixed batched autosprite2 surfaces in wdm19 and other maps
- Demos are now GZ-compressed on the fly
- You can now copy console contents to clipboard in Linux
- Fixed fullscreen mode setting in i3, WindowMaker and possibly other X11 window managers
- Split race servers into separate tab in server browser
- Dedicated servers refresh IP addresses of master servers every 24 hours
- r_texturefilter now defaults to 4
- UI remembers last selected tab in server browser
- Other less notable changes here and there

Unified package, tar.gz (Windows + Linux)
Unified package, zip (Windows + Linux)
SDK
(updated 2014-03-29 20:31:51)

miDGet

(379 posts)

thank you very much, good work! 8)

robqat

Mad Banner
(279 posts)

adem

Группа ВКонтакте vk.com/wsw_ru
(2100 posts)

GOOD JOB! Nice to see some more progress ;)

miDGet

(379 posts)

the colors of weaponmodels seem to be darkened down, whereas armors and ammo crates are still very shiny.
any ideas how to get rid of it?

fixed, thanks.

r_lighting_directedscale was set to 0
(updated 2014-03-30 15:16:16)

Vic

(5351 posts)

miDGet wrote:
the colors of weaponmodels seem to be darkened down, whereas armors and ammo crates are still very shiny.
any ideas how to get rid of it?

post your config

Vic

(5351 posts)

r_lighting_directedscale 1
r_lighting_ambientscale 1

adem

(2100 posts)

glitch on wdm3 below LG ammo:

Vic

(5351 posts)

adem, I'm going to deliberately ignore your bug reports until you start using git versions of the game

Ultrak1ll

Thread killer
(432 posts)

Tested the ogg streamnig, caches very fast and works perfectly!

But if you spam in the nextmusic about more than 1 per sec, between 3-4 streams then the game freezes without any gdb output. It isn't idiot proof but still works for normal people :D although there might be maybe higher crash chance if users computer/network is slower.

PS.
Kinda idiotic to switch between streams so fast anyway :D just ignore me.
(updated 2014-03-31 23:02:26)

miDGet

(379 posts)

me-gor can't wait for the 1.5 release. the 1.4RC runs without a flaw on my side now.

farmup

CTF-Priest
(690 posts)

i know this is heading for 2.0, and it seems we're getting close. and even if i ve been spamming this shit before, i will do it again: the majour fucking thing that warsow is missing since ever is some sort of movement tutorial. it needn't be a lvl u have to pass, it can also be a video, or even a demo with guy doing some stuff spamming explanatory binds (any1 knows cpm ones?). just fucking something that explains the movement. fixing buggs, improving performance etc. is great but quite worthless if the majour fixable issues that prevents this game from keeping new players is neglected. just please don't release the fucking final version without sth that addresses this point. aloong with steam this is the last hype warsow is gonna experience, let's not waste it.

i know u're not going to do this urself vic, and i don't demand that. but i think as dev(s) u should care to get this done. i'm sure some ppl would find themselves to work on this (myself included). would be nice if the innitiation and maybe some organisatory backup came from u.

adem

(2100 posts)

Vic wrote:
adem, I'm going to deliberately ignore your bug reports until you start using git versions of the game

such friendly attitude. now i see why there are tons of active ppl in dev team.

rorgoroth

(37 posts)

@Vic/Announcement
Race tab possibly best feature/enhancement ever made to the game! ;) I joke evrything else is good too these past RC I didnt try them all but I like :)

@farmup
Maybe good idea for official warsow news item asking for help with regards to tutorials for next big new shiny warsow release? Could drum up some help from interested community with that, nothing to lose.

@adem
Perhaps you are soo useful that you using git builds would be much better for continuous reports from what you find rather then clusterfuck every time rc release made? :P

farmup

CTF-Priest
(690 posts)

idk if i'd post a official news about it, rather gather some ppl of trust than calling out to every1 playing the game. i'm affraid it would end up in a similar situation as we had with the translationt thing, where some ppl wanted to help and contribute, but lacked the background to be a real help. but all a thing of organization i guess

A_Pink_Name

Delicious Penguin
(105 posts)

farmup wrote:
the majour fucking thing that warsow is missing since ever is some sort of movement tutorial.

After I get racesow setup, I'm wanting to finish the movement tutorial I started. Also when I created that tutorial, I had no idea about mapscripts. I've been thinking about making a new map that can detect good strafe / bunny / weaponjumps and give feedback.

It would be nice to get the discussion going on what exactly is expected in a tutorial map sometime.

Vic wrote:
Fixed fullscreen mode setting in i3, WindowMaker and possibly other X11 window managers

This works great after you've set the proper vid_mode, confirmed in Openbox and Awesomewm too! Vid_mode -2 still has causes crashes for me, will look into it sometime.

miDGet

(379 posts)

farmup wrote:

i know u're not going to do this urself vic, and i don't demand that. but i think as dev(s) u should care to get this done. i'm sure some ppl would find themselves to work on this (myself included). would be nice if the innitiation and maybe some organisatory backup came from u.

i can contact murk about that, i remember that he worked on smth together with crusty? if i recall correctly...
just gonna ask, he has a tiny bit more time now than the last few weeks/months

Vic

(5351 posts)

adem wrote:
Vic wrote:

such friendly attitude. now i see why there are tons of active ppl in dev team.

well, i tried the other way multiple times but it didn't work so what else were you expecting?

and no, the lack of manpower has nothing to do with me personally.

vkni
(49 posts)

After I get racesow setup, I'm wanting to finish the movement tutorial I started.

Thank you very much for that work.

Also when I created that tutorial, I had no idea about mapscripts. I've been thinking about making a new map that can detect good strafe / bunny / weaponjumps and give feedback.

It would be nice to get the discussion going on what exactly is expected in a tutorial map sometime.

Is it possible to embed your example in the tutorial map? So, you can "play" your tutorial walkthrough inside Warsow.

In other words, imagine when user loads map and presses specific key, your script takes control over player's avatar, shows keys and moves avatar like you do it in the video. Simultaneously it plays your voice, commenting the script. After demo script is done, it should should return control to the player and another script should check if player repeats the motion flawlessly.

Also, since there are too many different motions, I think it would be better to split tutorial into "chapters". Each of these "chapters" should teach individual motion.

The access to the tutorial, from my point of view, should be implemented through main menu (News, New Game, ... Options, Tutorial, Quit). Tutorial page should look like web page with links to various tutorial maps (see http://yadi.sk/d/UtcVuHavLhjSE
- unzip to basewsw directory of Warsow installation).
(updated 2014-04-03 08:11:17)

Scroll to top

RSSRSSRSSRSS

Copyright © 2014 Chasseur De Bots

Warsow in social media

Warsow is an indie game developed by group of hobbyists. Please consider giving us a small donation: