There are currently 46 players online.
 
Warsow

 
 

back[MOD/GT] Racesow

Huksi`

Plasmaster
(3752 posts)

murK wrote:
Compiled x86/x64 for both windows and linux.

Link?

rorgoroth

Member
(42 posts)

ayyy murK

Seems to be running fine on Lin64 here, cheers.

murK

Member
(358 posts)

Huksi: link

rorgoroth: cool :)
(updated 2014-11-23 23:05:07)

Vic

Your former Warsow overlord
(5784 posts)

Pure check failed: rs-test/data_20141124_pure.pk3
:(

murK

Member
(358 posts)

Vic wrote:
Pure check failed: rs-test/data_20141124_pure.pk3
:(


Sometimes when we change something in gt or hud, and the last data pk3 hasn't been downloaded by anyone other than me or ale, I replace it instead of incrementing the date even further (package script), and then we clear our appdata/wsw15/rs-test folder. Apparently you've joined before the replacement once and gotten the old pk3?

Anyway, won't do that anymore, only unique pk3s from now on.

rockethug

Member
(6 posts)

Vic

Your former Warsow overlord
(5784 posts)

murK wrote:
Vic wrote:
Pure check failed: rs-test/data_20141124_pure.pk3
:(


Sometimes when we change something in gt or hud, and the last data pk3 hasn't been downloaded by anyone other than me or ale, I replace it instead of incrementing the date even further (package script), and then we clear our appdata/wsw15/rs-test folder. Apparently you've joined before the replacement once and gotten the old pk3?

Anyway, won't do that anymore, only unique pk3s from now on.


also note that you have to restart the server after you have altered a pure pk3 file, otherwise the checksums won't match either :(

RiFo

Member
(225 posts)

Apparently alot of players can't connect to the server, idk why... some random noobs can connect, some regular players can't.

murK

Member
(358 posts)

Stopped server, removed all _pure.pk3 and tempmodules, packaged data_20141126_pure.pk3 and restarted. If people still have trouble connecting, tell them to post console output here.

CrustY

Banhammer attendant
(650 posts)

tried it a bit. Works kinda smooth. The last thing some1 need to do: join the 1.0 racesow server and tell guys that there's a port for 1.5 avaialablr ;DDD

miDGet

Member
(501 posts)

i'd love to post the console log here, but i only get "warsow has stopped working" after the mod loads up by opening a "new instance" of warsow

CrustY

Banhammer attendant
(650 posts)

Eva just killed server by callvote randmap. It was accepted and warsow just hung up.

murK

Member
(358 posts)

Making debug build for midget to test with.

Server crash message:

Error: Mem_Free: trashed header sentinel 1 (alloc at (null):0, free at game/g_callvotes.cpp:1822


miDGet

Member
(501 posts)

MEMORY ALLOCATION FAILED

adem

still alive
(2642 posts)

CrustY wrote:
Eva just killed server by callvote randmap. It was accepted and warsow just hung up.

diz cmd should be renamed into "callvote randcrash"

CrustY

Banhammer attendant
(650 posts)

adem wrote:
CrustY wrote:
Eva just killed server by callvote randmap. It was accepted and warsow just hung up.

diz cmd should be renamed into "callvote randcrash"


it hapened when vote was accepted :)

rorgoroth

Member
(42 posts)

Alrighty then, here is what I get running 32bit client: https://dpaste.de/fg83 (it just dies back to menu). Not sure what's up, thought it was my mock 32 setup initially but the 32bit client loads up the MGX SE 1.5 beta server and plays fine.

murK

Member
(358 posts)

rorgoroth wrote:
Alrighty then, here is what I get running 32bit client: https://dpaste.de/fg83 (it just dies back to menu). Not sure what's up, thought it was my mock 32 setup initially but the 32bit client loads up the MGX SE 1.5 beta server and plays fine.


You have to search a bit but it does give a reason:

------- UI initialization -------
LoadLibrary (ui_i386.so):(Unpure file)
********************
ERROR: Failed to load UI dll
********************


This was to be expected because lin-x86-ui compilation fails and, as I found out yesterday, the current racesow has changes in ui compared to basewsw. Will try to fix.

Vic

Your former Warsow overlord
(5784 posts)

murK wrote:
Making debug build for midget to test with.

Server crash message:

Error: Mem_Free: trashed header sentinel 1 (alloc at (null):0, free at game/g_callvotes.cpp:1822



I recommend using valgrind to debug that kind of memory access problems

murK

Member
(358 posts)

Been silent for a few days, small update.


Me and ale did a lot of thinking on a new way to reward points for completed maps. In short: the actual difference of your own time to other racer's times is taken into account (as opposed to rewarding a fixed amount of points). If your time is similar to that of the person above you, you will get almost the same number of points. Vice versa, if your time is significantly slower than the one above you, your rewarded points are much lower as well.

Why points? Well, if calculated fairly then they are usable as an estimate of a player's "skill". The problems of getting easy points on newly added maps, and not getting enough points for hard to complete maps with fewer competitors, are resolved by basing the maximum rewarded points on total playtime/players.

It's a lot to tell and I probably left out vital pieces of information to make it understandable.. :p


Apart of that, been working on the stats website to make player/map stats accessible. Still needs a lot of work obviously.


@Vic: what do you think of incorporating some race stats (points/races/skill) into wmm profile gametype statistics?


Scroll to top



RSSRSSRSSRSS

Copyright © 2017 Chasseur de bots

Powered by DigitalOcean

Warsow in social media