There are currently 46 players online.

Warsow

back[MOD/GT] Racesow

crizis

Mad Hatter
(4784 posts)

If race would be a gametype instead of a mod, the server would send the stats to mm already without any extra work...

Vic

Your former Warsow overlord
(5784 posts)

There has always been support for race stats in WMM. It's just that nobody plays the stock GT, and as for racesow - I got no clue.

Pneumocock

faceless user
(94 posts)

Adding the information that racesow itself is a mod because it has several gametypes itself (race, drace, durace, cooprace, freestyle).

murK

(358 posts)

Until racesow is merged back into basewsw, getting race stats for a mm user is as simple as http://77.72.150.21:8000/wmm/murK

crizis

Mad Hatter
(4784 posts)

Pneumocock wrote:
Adding the information that racesow itself is a mod because it has several gametypes itself (race, drace, durace, cooprace, freestyle).

That's no reason to do a mod instead of gametypes.

adem

still alive
(2642 posts)

crizis wrote:
Pneumocock wrote:

I see the only advantage of having a mod - custom race maps (q3 mostly) doesn't mess with basewsw shaders.

crizis

Mad Hatter
(4784 posts)

murK wrote:
Until racesow is merged back into basewsw, getting race stats for a mm user is as simple as http://77.72.150.21:8000/wmm/murK

Highly unlikely racesow will ever get "merged back", as no one seems to have real clue what's even different in the mod. And I'm going to repeat this what I told you in IRC some time ago:

First racesow devs need to :

1) lay out every feature/patch/modification/difference in the racesow vs basewsw codebases

2) then plan out which of these would be possible to implement in AS/gametype code (i'm still pretty sure at least 50-95% of them don't warrant a mod in any shape or form, and are implementable within AS)

3) then take the rest, and check them through - which patches are necessary, which patches are unnecessary, and then come back to us with proper patches that you think should be merged. Then we can discuss them through.

The above might sound harsh but I mean this in a good way. I'm just sick of these comments that imply that we (the dev team) should take over current racesow mess and figure it out.

murK

(358 posts)

I never forget about that chat, in fact I stored it because eventually it will be applicable. I certainly did not (mean to) imply that wsw devs should "take over" racesow. All I did was propose a temporary solution for integrating racesow stats. When racesow code is free of bugs and all planned features have been implemented, THEN I feel it's a good time to start laying out the differences as you described.

Pneumocock

faceless user
(94 posts)

crizis wrote:
Pneumocock wrote:

Yes, thats true. But it kinda made sense to put them together in a single mod, because all of them use the same weapondefs and whatever else is changed in racesow and make it different from basewsw.

Edit: Whatever, i know it prolly will never happen but i mentioned sometime ago that i would like to have both, a working "basewsw race gametype", with stuff like defrag has to offer (eg health, limited ammo, fall damage etc.) and still having the racesow mod itself, as its simply not basewsw (dash speed, weapondefs etc.).
(updated 2014-12-08 15:42:48)

murK

(358 posts)

Small update:
- added 'topall' command which retrieves and combines 1.0 and 1.5 times for a map
- fixed 0 player/map playtime because stats were not reported to api after server changed map
- setting oneliner on rec works, and it's cleared on re-rec. Todo: make oneliner changeable at all times for the rec owner

The todo list:
- finish points/skill system (does not yet give a fair reward for completing very hard maps, for instance http://inc.mgxrace.net/maps/detail/80)
- implement map rating
- fix server crash after callvote randmap. Tried to debug while running server in valgrind/gdb, but no matter how many times I spam randmap it won't crash D:
- fix funky speedloss while wallstrafing on a ramp (bug introduced by Pink's rampbug fix in PM_StepSlideMove(). try the map "urp" for an example)
- clear open issues in github repo
- pull updates from qfusion
- finish stats website

:3

adem

still alive
(2642 posts)

btw guys, did you fix that random speed lose after exiting teleport? or mb you have got any ideas how it can be resolved?

murK

(358 posts)

Pink fixed that iirc. I know there were maps where it happened 9 out of 10 times, don't remember any names though..

This map's first tele was annoying as hell. Uploaded it for 1.5 and entering portal with 1000 ups is a consistent 998 output.
(updated 2014-12-21 14:15:11)

SolidFake

mapping noob
(4711 posts)

adem wrote:
btw guys, did you fix that random speed lose after exiting teleport? or mb you have got any ideas how it can be resolved?

From personal experience this error occurs when the teleport entry is just not placed far enough from a wall. Say, you are mooving fast enough that you are still hitting the wall "behind" the teleporter trigger which slows you down tremendously. Making the trigger bigger or more far away from the wall usually fixed that. Though another thing I recognized was that the speedloss occured more often when you were looking in a direction being not your current velocity vector (speak strafing while jumping through), but when looking straight (normal) at the teleporter plane while jumping through you got no speed loss. So probably a combination of both. i dunno don't ask me anything

Mef!sto

(754 posts)

extone

(165 posts)

adem wrote:

It happens because triggers are checked after pmove so if trigger is thin enough to go through it during one frame and hit wall behind of it you will lose velocity.
To fix just use old pmove instead of current one when calculating speed for teleports
(updated 2014-12-22 16:18:22)

murK

(358 posts)

extone wrote:
adem wrote:

It happens because triggers are checked after pmove so if trigger is thin enough to go through it during one frame and hit wall behind of it you will lose velocity.
To fix just use old pmove instead of current one when calculating speed for teleports

Yup

Vic

Your former Warsow overlord
(5784 posts)

murK wrote:
extone wrote:
adem wrote:

Yup

Is it safe to merge this change into qfusion?

murK

(358 posts)

I don't know, physics code is beyond me. But pink and ale tested it so I guess it's fine.

adem

still alive
(2642 posts)

actually that fix helped a lot on hub3aeroq3, but I still i get speed-lose once per 5-6 teleport eneters. and nothing really changed on cpm22...

extone

(165 posts)

adem wrote:
and nothing really changed on cpm22...

works fine in warxon

Scroll to top

RSSRSSRSSRSS

Copyright © 2017 Chasseur de bots