There are currently 47 players online.

Warsow

back[MOD/GT] Racesow

adem

still alive
(2642 posts)

murK

(358 posts)

About mgxrace.net/racesow 1.0: I learned today that mute is shutting down his servers and thus mgxrace.net. He has transferred on the domain to me (I needed one anyway), along with instructions to recreate the current setup. It might take a while to get things up and running though, so you'll have to play basewsw race for now :>

murK

(358 posts)

Everything is back up again.

Mef!sto

(754 posts)

kenny87
(22 posts)

Warsow still stops working when trying to load rs-test :(

QaleQ
(20 posts)

kenny87 wrote:
Warsow still stops working when trying to load rs-test :(

There's a bug in the ui.dll for both linux and windows x86. (x64 windows only) will be added to the servername today, and will be removed once the bug is sorted out. That way you won't need to crash the game to tell if it's going to work.

murK

(358 posts)

I've tried building a debug x86 client with vs2012 to pinpoint the problem but it doesn't even launch the game :/ Only release client works..

Working 40h now so I got a lot less time to try things. I'm focusing on committing code so I can start pulling from qfusion to see if things improve. Am learning git in the process though, it's a bit complex but amazing.

miDGet

(501 posts)

murK wrote:
I've tried building a debug x86 client with vs2012 to pinpoint the problem but it doesn't even launch the game :/ Only release client works..

Working 40h now so I got a lot less time to try things. I'm focusing on committing code so I can start pulling from qfusion to see if things improve. Am learning git in the process though, it's a bit complex but amazing.

was it that struggle you pushed me through and that didnt work out in the end? nice try :>

kenny87
(22 posts)

murK

(358 posts)

miDGet wrote:

was it that struggle you pushed me through and that didnt work out in the end? nice try :>

I didn't push.. I chose you to be a volunteer ;) But for you both x86 and x64 crash iirc?

miDGet

(501 posts)

murK wrote:
miDGet wrote:

I didn't push.. I chose you to be a volunteer ;) But for you both x86 and x64 crash iirc?

i think we tried x86 only!

adem

still alive
(2642 posts)

btw, what's the reason of using Warsow 1.50 on the test server? Why not 1.51?

adem

still alive
(2642 posts)

and also, what a mess happens with racesow servers? we have 4 race servers and 3 of them store different versions of racesow: rs-test, rstest and racesow. It would be nice if racesow's server admins could unify the mod, otherwise it is just a pain for the players to keep 3 different versions for no real reason!
(updated 2015-01-16 12:27:55)

murK

(358 posts)

adem wrote:
btw, what's the reason of using Warsow 1.50 on the test server? Why not 1.51?

The reason is an unmaintained racesow repo that still needs to be updated to 1.51. I can do that, but I need to find out which qfusion commit marks the final change to 1.51 that has to be pulled in. Vic?

adem wrote:
and also, what a mess happens with racesow servers? we have 4 race servers and 3 of them store different versions of racesow: rs-test, rstest and racesow. It would be nice if racesow's server admins could unify the mod, otherwise it is just a pain for the players to keep 3 different versions for no real reason!

"MGX Race US #1 BETA"/162.243.2.178:44400 is Pink's server, requests of taking it down have gone unanswered. Outdated.
"CONVEX WARSOW RACE! RANKED"/31.25.28.141:44430 I have no idea who hosts this, runs an outdated version.
"warsow.net.au race beta 3"/122.99.118.2:44405 No idea either. But it's running basewsw race anyway.

Vic

Your former Warsow overlord
(5784 posts)

The reason is an unmaintained racesow repo that still needs to be updated to 1.51. I can do that, but I need to find out which qfusion commit marks the final change to 1.51 that has to be pulled in. Vic?

Hard to tell: 1.5/1.51 changes were originally made in warsow repo and then gradually mergded back into qfusion repo. Abandon all hope here :P
(updated 2015-01-17 13:32:14)

murK

(358 posts)

To be clear, "warsow repo" is the private dev repo, and "qfusion repo" the one on github?
(updated 2015-01-17 14:55:32)

adem

still alive
(2642 posts)

sorry murK, i've accidentally edited your message >.< i can not restore it.

To be clear, "warsow repo" is the private dev repo, and "qfusion repo" the one on github?

and yes, it is correct

murK

(358 posts)

:D

What you deleted was my request to Vic about starting to use tags in qfusion, and that I have to resort to diffing with 1.51 sdk :P

Vic

Your former Warsow overlord
(5784 posts)

Tagging qfusion would be pointless...

murK

(358 posts)

lin x64/win x86 not crashing anymore. Linux was a matter of clean compiling, win x86 still doesnt cross compile properly (it compiles but the game misses a bunch of UI symbols or smth) so we built it on Windows for now

Scroll to top

RSSRSSRSSRSS

Copyright © 2017 Chasseur de bots