(76 posts)

Nice! Thank you, devs!

PS: updated promo image if needed:

(updated 2016-03-28 18:19:13)

CrustY

Banhammer attendant
(638 posts)

SiPlus wrote:
The new weapons are given on the next respawn.

the problem was @ server. He couldn't use in-bomb menu at all

SiPlus

aka TriΔngel
(180 posts)

Confirmed, can't switch weapons on a local server :(

The bug is caused by the new round reset mechanic (that resets all entities and the game type to the original state), and GT_SpawnGametype is being called every round, which resets the players' weapons.

Trying to fix it now.

EDIT: Fixed in the internal repository, will be released in the next autoupdate.
(updated 2016-03-28 23:02:32)

stylemistake

Low-tier duel entertainer
(208 posts)

+ Offloaded the renderer to a separate thread. r_multithreading 0 reverts to traditional single-threaded mode.
+ Added r_maxfps to cap the refresh framerate in multi-threaded mode, changed cg_showFPS 1 and 2 to display refresh and client framerates respectively.

By the way, this was the feature which Reflex FPS has been marketing heavily. Now they're not so unique :).

Vic

Your former Warsow overlord
(5772 posts)

Yes, the autoupdate is on the way.

SolidFake

mapping noob
(4701 posts)

stylemistake wrote:

By the way, this was the feature which Reflex FPS has been marketing heavily. Now they're not so unique :).

Hey now, they still use no textures!

medve a maci

(93 posts)

i would like to see this on the download page when it comes out http://www.moddb.com/mods/warsow-super-mappack

SolidFake

mapping noob
(4701 posts)

medve a maci wrote:
i would like to see this on the download page when it comes out http://www.moddb.com/mods/warsow-super-mappack

Hmmmm, to officially support these all maps would have to be looked over for compatibility and other issues. I might contact the author of it and discuss something with him, thanks for the link.

Danpixed
(2 posts)

I think that of update 2.0, GB reloads have increased slightly. Some of the jumps I used to use an WCA1 have suffered because of this (Switching and firing RL directly after firing the GB). Not sure if this was mentioned in the patch notes.

SiPlus

aka TriΔngel
(180 posts)

Danpixed wrote:
I think that of update 2.0, GB reloads have increased slightly. Some of the jumps I used to use an WCA1 have suffered because of this (Switching and firing RL directly after firing the GB). Not sure if this was mentioned in the patch notes.

Yes, you can reload it only to a quite powerful state, unlike in 1.5 where its power increased gradually, that's why it reloads a bit longer.

adem

still alive
(2599 posts)

Danpixed wrote:

Yes, and that was mentioned in 2.0 release notes:
:: :: Changes from 1.52 to 2.0 wrote:
+ Changed Gunblade full recharge and reload time to 600ms.
+ Changed Gunblade projectile damage, splash radius and knockback to 40, 70 and 90 respectively, self-damage ratio increased to 100%.
+ Increased Gunblade melee damage to 50 and decreased reload time to 600ms.

But it is 2.1 release already
(updated 2016-03-30 10:47:59)

lex
(2 posts)

I had serious confuse about porting config from 2.01 to 2.1 because of XDG HOMEDIR path.
It took me two days to discover new location ~/.local/share/warsow-2.1 instead of expected ~/warsow-2.1 . So I was pretty stuck for those two days without my CFG. At least you could make symlink ~/warsow-2.1 > ~/.local/share/warsow-2.1 for compatibility purpose.

Changelog.txt doesn't have much useful info, only:
"+ Changed base data, cache and runtime directory paths to conform to XDG specs."

Another question when will be steam release?

murK

(358 posts)

lex wrote:
I had serious confuse about porting config from 2.01 to 2.1 because of XDG HOMEDIR path.
It took me two days to discover new location ~/.local/share/warsow-2.1 instead of expected ~/warsow-2.1 . So I was pretty stuck for those two days without my CFG. At least you could make symlink ~/warsow-2.1 > ~/.local/share/warsow-2.1 for compatibility purpose.

Changelog.txt doesn't have much useful info, only:
"+ Changed base data, cache and runtime directory paths to conform to XDG specs."

See first post:

Vic wrote:

We have also changed path to local profile and cache on *nix systems to better follow the XDG Directory Specification. The profile path has changed from $HOME/.warsow-2.x to either follow $XDG_DATA_HOME or to $HOME/.local/share/warsow-2.x by default. The same logic applies to cache directory as well. This change also affects server configurations.

Huksi`

Plasmaster
(3725 posts)

Can someone please explain what cg_autoaction_stats does?

crizis

Mad Hatter
(4739 posts)

Huksi` wrote:
Can someone please explain what cg_autoaction_stats does?

dumps the .txt file of match accuracy statistics iirc. could be wrong but that's what it sounds like.

jagger1407
(1 posts)

If I try to start the game,(warsow 2.01 is working but 2.1 don't) I get a black screen. The sounds of the buttons in the main menu does work, but I can't see the menu itself.

PS: I'm german, so please apologize bad grammar.

CrustY

Banhammer attendant
(638 posts)

jagger1407 wrote:
If I try to start the game,(warsow 2.01 is working but 2.1 don't) I get a black screen. The sounds of the buttons in the main menu does work, but I can't see the menu itself.

PS: I'm german, so please apologize bad grammar.

Could you please create new topic in Help/Troubleshooting forums and add some additional information: OS, drivers version, hardware etc :)

PRO_-|[Muffy]|-_
Tetris Bacon
(13 posts)

Once again, I've got to copy all my custom settings from one config file to another. Is there no automatic migration, after all this time? Only upgraded to 2.0 a month ago and now I've got to go through my config again line by line.

Love Warsow, but doing this every single time is such a pain that I often just look at my PC and go... meh, I'll do it tomorrow. I've played since 0.42 and I LOVE the game, but that's not enough when I just want to sit down and play. Oh, the alpha's wrong on the weapon. The trail timer on the eb has changed again. I forgot to bind that weapon to that key again. Am I sure that mouse acceleration is off? Am I really sure? I'll have to close and open again to test the config properly from startup. Next thing you know a day turns into a week, and a week turns into a year...

I'm sure I'll enjoy it when I've sorted this all.

Fewer HUDs please. More migration tools.

Love, Muffy :)

crizis

Mad Hatter
(4739 posts)

Once again, I've got to copy all my custom settings from one config file to another. Is there no automatic migration, after all this time? Only upgraded to 2.0 a month ago and now I've got to go through my config again line by line.

We have also changed path to local profile and cache on *nix systems to better follow the XDG Directory Specification. The profile path has changed from $HOME/.warsow-2.x to either follow $XDG_DATA_HOME or to $HOME/.local/share/warsow-2.x by default. The same logic applies to cache directory as well. This change also affects server configurations.

Not sure why you had to go through your config "line by line", just copy it over to the new profile path...
(updated 2016-04-14 06:16:32)

dizinteq
(46 posts)

More migration tools.

you might try
diff old_config new_config

or

cat old_config > temp
cat new_config >> temp
sort temp > combined
uniq -u combined

Scroll to top