Forum index
Blog
Warsow Localization/Translation
Posted by
Post Scroll to bottom
Kamparano

(4 posts)

adem wrote:

It is awards, and they are not supposed to be translated.

Why are they not supposed to be translated? I think knowing that you got a double frag is pretty important to know, even if you don't speak English.
Vic wrote:
Wile E. Coyote and The Road Runner

Thanks.

crizis

Mad Hatter
(4757 posts)

Kamparano wrote:
adem wrote:

It is awards, and they are not supposed to be translated.

Why are they not supposed to be translated? I think knowing that you got a double frag is pretty important to know, even if you don't speak English.

Because stat server/matchmaker award collection is string-based so it can support any gametype for award collecting, including custom ones. That, and the awards come from the server gametype code.
(updated 2016-01-11 10:40:23)

Kamparano

(4 posts)

crizis wrote:
Kamparano wrote:

Because stat server/matchmaker award collection is string-based so it can support any gametype for award collecting, including custom ones. That, and the awards come from the server gametype code.

Thank you.

SiPlus

aka TriΔngel
(180 posts)

We also can't localize messages like "entered the game" and "called a vote" because they're generated on the server and send as regular chat messages.

Muleke_Trairao

(26 posts)

Adem, are you going to move the translation projetct to transifex now? I see that you added me to a translation team there and it seems that you are opening the other languages sections.

adem

still alive
(2631 posts)

Muleke_Trairao wrote:
Adem, are you going to move the translation projetct to transifex now? I see that you added me to a translation team there and it seems that you are opening the other languages sections.

It is still in progress, not 100% sure. Mainly I do want to fix issues with tutorial translation, so if it doesn't work in OneSky for you - feel free to try Transifex.

Muleke_Trairao

(26 posts)

Will we able to translate the achievement names at some point?
EDIT: Forget it, i didn't read your previous comment.
(updated 2016-03-02 01:40:31)

adem

still alive
(2631 posts)

BUMP,
Warsow needs your help
here
at
>>> warsow.oneskyapp.com <<<
(updated 2016-04-03 12:07:02)

Muleke_Trairao

(26 posts)

adem wrote:
BUMP,
Warsow needs your help
here
at
>>> https://warsow.oneskyapp.com/ <<<

Fix that link ;)

murK

(358 posts)

adem wrote:
BUMP,
Warsow needs your help
here
at

I did NL-LU for main/ui/tutorial .. took 4 hours :O Still need to do cgame

By the way, is there a specific reason localization isn't changeable in the Options menu?

edit: cgame 100% again as well
(updated 2016-04-03 21:27:10)

Muleke_Trairao

(26 posts)

murK wrote:
adem wrote:
BUMP,
Warsow needs your help
here
at

I did NL-LU for main/ui/tutorial .. took 4 hours :O Still need to do cgame

By the way, is there a specific reason localization isn't changeable in the Options menu?

edit: cgame 100% again as well

That would be cool, just like in Ziggurat and Pharaonic :)
You can still use console commands, though.

Muleke_Trairao

(26 posts)

I'm reviewing all of the Brazilian Portuguese strings now.

Muleke_Trairao

(26 posts)

I think i'll also translate the wiki page: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Warsow_%28video_game%29
Someone started to translate it, but only the first phrase: https://pt.wikipedia.org/wiki/Warsow

I'll get to it when i have time.

adem

still alive
(2631 posts)

thanks to everyone for their input, it was a pleasure to work with such active people who likes the game. anyway, since it is the end of the story, this topic is closed to avoid any future misunderstandings.

Scroll to top

RSSRSSRSSRSS

Copyright © 2017 Chasseur de bots

Warsow in social media