backfps tanking, stuttering

Forum index
Help / Troubleshooting
fps tanking, stuttering
Posted by
Post Scroll to bottom
Hulter

(9 posts)

The game has suddenly started stuttering catastrophically. It's gone from having been perfectly fine since I started playing to being absolutely unplayable. The computer's overkill. It's not a hardware issue. I still get my 300 fps on CSGO and the same as usual on everything else.

I've tried reinstalling the game, deleting the config and updating graphics drivers. I'm on Windows 10.

There's something fucky going on.

Anyone had the same problem? Any ideas what might be wrong?

adem

still alive
(2641 posts)

Hi!

CPU?
GFX card?
Your in game config? (tip)
When does that fps stuttering usually happen?
What FPS values do you have ingame?
Have you tried different video profiles presented inside Video options?

Please give some more information that you feel helpful for understanding your issue.
(updated 2017-02-01 10:55:27)

Hulter

(9 posts)

adem wrote:
Hi!

CPU?
GFX card?
Your in game config? (tip)
When does that fps stuttering usually happen?
What FPS values do you have ingame?
Have you tried different video profiles presented inside Video options?

Please give some more information that you feel helpful for understanding your issue.

Intel i7 3770k
EVGA GTX 960

I've tried different graphics settings, but I normally keep it on "low".

Ever since it started doing this, I'm getting 230fps +/-10. No more no less. Setting graphics settings higher doesn't impact this, which leads me to believe it's not a performance issue as such.

Like, idk it feels like it's running with V-sync, at 60Hz and like i accidentally enablen integrated graphics or something and I have no clue why.

Hulter

(9 posts)

Well fuck me. It's stopped. I started the game up just now and it's not doing it anymore. It's capped at 250 regardless of what I set it to though.

Game is acting up.

Hulter

(9 posts)

Ok. Set fps cap to 500 and restarted the game and it's doing the stuttering again. I set it back down to 250. Still doing it, and now the fps is ranging from 90 to 200. wtf.

Hulter

(9 posts)

Ok, it's just random. I tried the x86 client which was doing the same thing. Tried x64 again.

Stable 250 fps, but ingame menu fps cap setting is on 333.

sorry btw. realised there's an edit button. I'll use that in the future.

Tested some more. The game is fucked every time I start it, but then if I go and pick the high+ profile while not connected to a server, it stops the stuttering, and it caps the framerate to 250 despite saying it's capped higher.

Definitely a cfg problem then, right?
(updated 2017-02-02 18:08:42)

Hulter

(9 posts)

still can't play warsow. it won't fucking run properly. everything except warsow does. Everything except the one 10yo game I do want to play -_-

Scroll to top

RSSRSSRSSRSS

Copyright © 2017 Chasseur de bots

Warsow in social media