Forum index
Competitions / Cups / Tournaments
Warsow Showdown! -very early announcement-
Posted by
Post Scroll to bottom
Leshka

Tactical bear
(125 posts)

Date: late june-july (specific date will be decided by invited players later)
Mappool: wdm2 wdm5 wdm12 wdm15 wdm17
Current Prizepool: 0.1 BTC (~130 EUR) + 65 EUR
Format: 8-14 player DE bracket with invited players and few spots for qualifier cup.

The aim of this event is to give a good show between the best of warsow duelists.
There is no doubt the cup will be held if i get enough top players attended and a respectable stream confirmed, however these are necessary requirements.
Ive already contacted some players i want to see in this tournament, currently we have FragStealer, The_Law, JWZR, Snob, Me and Kerpal on board.
Also Lo, Overactive, Hyrvelli and Darkwave will have a reserved spot if they will attend. I dont have any contact to these players, so if you can, please ask them to contact me @ IRC or make a post here.
Also there is a chance Japan players Kuma and Radex will get a spot in this event, but we have to find server with around 100ms ping for both EU and JPN players. I could not find a solution yet due some routing problems.

As i said, this is very early announcement, so I'm asking to not spread this info outside warsow community/forum yet. The point of this announcement is to give warsow players something to look forward to and ofcourse give time to prac for some who yet want prove himself in warsow duel =)

adem

still alive
(2645 posts)

Leshka wrote:
we have to find server with around 100ms ping for both EU and JPN players.

I don't think that's real, the best option would be NA server but both EU and JPN will have not less than 120ms.

Leshka

Tactical bear
(125 posts)

adem wrote:

I don't think that's real, the best option would be NA server but both EU and JPN will have not less than 120ms.

I thought a server somwhere in between center and east Russia would do the case, but the problem is routing to servers in this area from Japan goes either through Moskow or even China. If it did go straight it would give about 100ms or even less.

Huksi`

Plasmaster
(3752 posts)

Why wdm17? Nobody cares about that map anymore

user490584

user490584
(246 posts)

Leshka

Tactical bear
(125 posts)

Huksi` wrote:
Why wdm17? Nobody cares about that map anymore

Huksi`

Plasmaster
(3752 posts)

Not to mention that there are many maps that are way better.

wdm6 > wdm10 > wdm14 > wdm1 > old wdm3 > acid > 36's duels maps > EB17

adem

still alive
(2645 posts)

well mappool seems to consist of Leshka's favorite maps >.>

Leshka

Tactical bear
(125 posts)

Huksi` wrote:
Not to mention that there are many maps that are way better.

wdm6 > wdm10 > wdm14 > wdm1 > old wdm3 > acid > 36's duels maps > EB17

This map was consistently played for like 5 years+ till now and proved itself as a great strategic map. If you don't play most cups and only roll noobs on dm10 on public, that sounds like your problem :^). Also comparing these maps like that is just dumb.

adem wrote:
well mappool seems to consist of Leshka's favorite maps >.>

I would replace 3 maps from this pool if it was my favorite.

jwzr__
(79 posts)

-dm15 or 17
+acidwdm2
imo )

FragStealer

(219 posts)

Don't bother, map pool is awesome and wdm17 is as fine as any other map :). People just like to say a map is bad without any proper argument.

Good stuff though !! I'm looking forward to play it, thank you for inviting me <3 A good stream will be awesome (Jehar if you read this, free your calendar ! :D )

goochie

8=϶
(4854 posts)

- all
+ jh_blue, jh_green, jh_red
imo)))

adem

still alive
(2645 posts)

Leshka wrote:
This map was consistently played for like 5 years+ till now and proved itself as a great strategic map. If you don't play most cups and only roll noobs on dm10 on public, that sounds like your problem :^). Also comparing these maps like that is just dumb.

I had my own server for 1.5 in Ulianovsk. Kuma had something around 120-130 ping there, and Puffdar around 80.

I think server in Ekaterinburg might be a proper solution.

KeRpaL

(943 posts)

I think wdm6 is a better balanced map that gives more exciting matches, dm2 is often just too simple and boeing to watch. Is any specific date known already? And Whats the prizepool distrubution? Im looking forward for some good action. Have not been around for so long ;)

jwzr__
(79 posts)

KeRpaL wrote:
I think wdm6 is a better balanced map that gives more exciting matches

u just wanna win h3h3
(updated 2017-05-26 12:57:15)

KeRpaL

(943 posts)

Its a fact. But Im gonna win anyway, lol.

adem

still alive
(2645 posts)

KeRpaL wrote:
Its a fact. But Im gonna win anyway, lol.

Leshka wrote:

Hyrveli

(168 posts)

XIII

(112 posts)

goochie

8=϶
(4854 posts)

I'll not only stupid but the definition of insane

Scroll to top

RSSRSSRSSRSS

Copyright © 2017 Chasseur de bots