There are currently 6 players online.

Warsow

backAnyone willing to donate to keep this thing running?

Forum index
General
Anyone willing to donate to keep this thing running?
Posted by
Post Scroll to bottom
Vic

Your former Warsow overlord
(5786 posts)

I have no problem exporting the payments into PDF once in a while..

Pneumocock

faceless user
(94 posts)

Well... maybe it sounded like it, but i am not really asking for a way to control what you are doing with the money, nor i wanna see names of donators on a list. I guess ppl who will donate have to have a basic trust anyways.
I was more about if there's gonna be a way to show the current credit and the estimated costs, so people can fill up the pool to whatever money when it is needed and so it is clear how much money is availible and how long the server can stay up with that amount of money.

Vic

(5786 posts)

The hosting costs are:
- 15$/mo for the Digital ocean VM
- the warsow.gg domain - 75$/y
- can't remember if SSL certs cost anything, but probably not much

CigamStudio
(4 posts)

Why pay so much for the warsow.gg domain?
have you tried transferring it to other domain registries that might sell it for cheaper?

Also you can use paypal.me with your profile listed here and then anyone can send to your paypal account easily without sharing your email address.
Or you could just start a patreon page for the warsow game, and possibly get more support from there. Maybe even share that patreon page on the gog.com page for warsow or their forums because I bet there are people who would want to help.

Swee4T
r_Swee4T
(53 posts)

Ye there are some people willing to donate. Just give us a way to. thx

Seal

(1 posts)

CigamStudio wrote:
have you tried transferring it to other domain registries that might sell it for cheaper?

Also you can use paypal.me with your profile listed here and then anyone can send to your paypal account easily without sharing your email address.
Or you could just start a patreon page for the warsow game, and possibly get more support from there. Maybe even share that patreon page on the gog.com page for warsow or their forums because I bet there are people who would want to help.

Now that's a great idea!

Danzig

(5 posts)

Any establiched way to donate? Greetings...

Vic

(5786 posts)

Ok, we got basically free hosting deal from DigitalOcean. Hooray!

Had you actually bothered to check the prices before posting, you'd have noticed that 75e is the standard minimum price for a .gg domain

Will do sometimer later, thanks for the tip.

Styleline

(1252 posts)

CigamStudio
(4 posts)

Vic wrote:

Had you actually bothered to check the prices before posting, you'd have noticed that 75e is the standard minimum price for a .gg domain

I had looked, because I do various online affiliate marketing, but if you want an example, this is the best place to search for prices on domain names:
https://tld-list.com/tld/gg

and here is the lowest price website they list that has the .gg domains but to transfer from the registrar you are using would be $54, then renewals is $66.50 but they have a sale until the end of this month that makes it $33.50 for one year, but not sure if that will work with transfers or not:
https://www.netim.com/domain-name/gg-domain.html

lastly you could try this site, but have not done a lot of research on this one, but it seems to have it for $64.15. This site looks to be the main provider/wholesale site that others are just resellers of:
https://www.channelisles.net/

**EDIT**
There is also this page to search for domains:
https://www.domcomp.com/

Which shows this site that might be better:
https://cp.espace2001.com/index.php?language=english
(updated 2017-07-15 22:54:21)

crizis

Mad Hatter
(4785 posts)

Still expensive, and savings not worth of losing gandis dns service (and having one domain floating around in one random service).

JLB50
(1 posts)

I only just got Warsow so pls don't close it

facebook

vanster
(36 posts)

warsow my love, no close plz <3

CrustY

Banhammer attendant
(652 posts)

Vic, could you please update status?

crizis

Mad Hatter
(4785 posts)

We got one year support/free hosting from DigitalOcean :-)

Vic

(5786 posts)

CrustY wrote:

Scroll up :)

CrustY

Banhammer attendant
(652 posts)

Vic wrote:
CrustY wrote: