There are currently 31 players online.

Warsow

backcomic style outlines everytime in my selfmade map?

Forum index
Mapping
comic style outlines everytime in my selfmade map?
Posted by
Post Scroll to bottom
Regulator
(21 posts)

Hi alls,

TazVoice shows me, how to set up the awesome comic stile outlines:
cg_outlineWorld "1"
lol...yes...and he shows me a lot more (thx again btw :) ),
but in this sample i try to feature out:

is it possible to set this console command into the map i create so all will have this effect while playing my map (doesnt matter the config of each one bevore)?
Is there a way to set cg_outlineWorld to "1" via map script?

Thank you and sorry 4 my bad english :D

looking forward to your answers
Regulator

SolidFake

mapping noob
(4714 posts)

think you can do that via making an own gametype with scripting and put that into the same pk3, so it gets loaded with it

Regulator
(21 posts)

Thank you SolidFake, ill give it a look...but not at first.
My priority is actually by learnig more about shaders :)

Thank you
Regulator

adem

still alive
(2645 posts)

I'm quite sure it is possible to make so via selfmade map, take a look on acidwdm2

SolidFake

mapping noob
(4714 posts)

adem wrote:
I'm quite sure it is possible to make so via selfmade map, take a look on acidwdm2

I could be wrong, but I think the cellshading on acidwdm2 was done with a custom compiling process.
(updated 2017-10-12 00:43:37)

Vic

Your former Warsow overlord
(5786 posts)

SolidFake wrote:
adem wrote:

I could be wrong, but I think the cellshading on acidwdm2 was done with a custom compiling process.

It was and it was a hack. acid thew a tantrum when I asked him to remove it from his map, only to be replaced with a proper GLSL-based solution. He didn't care and insisted that we removed his maps from warsow instead.

Regulator
(21 posts)

adem,
yes, there is a shader texture inside and when i use it, i can replicate this effect without crashing something, doesnt matter what parameter actually is on cg_outlineWorld.
So i dont think its a custom compiling process, SolidFake...its a shader code, isnt?

Vic,
i didnt understand - long time ago, this way was the only way to realise this effect...and few maps are needing this effect everytime...so are you knowing a solution to use cg_outlineWorld everytime in my map?

Thanky you
Regulator

Vic

Your former Warsow overlord
(5786 posts)

No, there's no way to force cg_outlineWorld for a specific map. Could be added in a few lines of code but obviously that would not work for the current version of the game.

Scroll to top

RSSRSSRSSRSS

Copyright © 2017 Chasseur de bots